Skip to main content
  1. Sports
  2. General Sports

Vegas odds to win 2014 BCS National Championship: FSU Seminoles vs Auburn Tigers

See also

If Las Vegas oddsmakers are correct, the FSU Seminoles will comfortably defeat the Auburn Tigers in the 2014 BCS National Championship Game, indicates a Dec. 27 ESPN report. However, as the New Year fast approaches, all indications are that professional gamblers have other ideas in mind.

The 2014 BCS National Championship Game is scheduled to kick off on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:30 p.m. EST (7:30 p.m. CST/6:30 p.m. MST/5:30 p.m. PST) and it will be broadcast live on ESPN.

After opening up just short of a double-digit advantage [-9½], ATS betting action has caused the top-ranked Noles to be favored only by a TD and a two-point conversion [-8].

In turn, the latest Vegas spreads project that the Auburn Tigers will enjoy +8-point ATS cushion at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

These sudden line movements are attributed to early betting activity, as the general consensus clearly suggests this game will be much closer than Las Vegas oddsmakers anticipate.

In fact, less than two weeks removed from kickoff, 57 percent of the population likes Auburn's ATS chances, while only 43 percent believe otherwise. But that's the only changing variable in this equation.

The point-total for the 2014 BCS National Championship Game has also undergone some slight transformations. With 64 percent of the action in its favor, Vegas experts have bumped the OVER/UNDER from 65 to 68 points total.

These are all intriguing statistics, especially considering that both programs proved to be very profitable ATS wagers all season long.

Coincidentally, FSU and Auburn closed out the NCAA football regular season with identical 11-2 marks, which makes for a fascinating debate: Is it possible for one of these teams to win the 2014 BCS National Championship Game and cover the ATS spread?

Advertisement

Sports

  • Legendary swimmer Michael Phelps is coming out of retirement, will he compete in Rio?
    Video
    Recreational Sports
  • Check out the NHL Ice Girls that are heating up rinks all across the country
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • St. Louis Rams offer $100k if you can guess their 2014 schedule correctly
    NFL News
  • Eagles running back LeSean McCoy slams Tim Tebow on Twitter
    NFL News
  • Never watched rugby before? Here's 20 reasons you should start
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • UFC champ Jon Jones denies posting homophobic comments on Instagram
    Fight Sports

Related Videos:

  • Jadeveon Clowney
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518129171" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518129171&autoStart=true"></div>
  • Texas Revolution
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9NGKlYh0ckU?VQ=HD720&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>
  • Kyle Van Noy
    <div class="video-info" data-id="517347631" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=517347631&autoStart=true"></div>

User login

Log in
Sign in with your email and password. Or reset your password.
Write for us
Interested in becoming an Examiner and sharing your experience and passion? We're always looking for quality writers. Find out more about Examiner.com and apply today!