This easy dessert will blow the socks off any crisp you've ever had! You don't need much sugar because I used organic macaroons to add a sweet coconut flavor in this dessert.
As you'll see, this makes a wonderfully delicious and healthy dessert for any time of the year.
And the best part is that it's allergy-free (your guests will never know)!
Coconut Vanilla Berry Crisp
- 6 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 Tbsp. organic sugar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 8 Emmy's Organic Coconut Vanilla Macaroons, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. almond meal
- 1/3 cup dairy-free/vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp. orange zest
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, orange juice, basil, cinnamon and sea salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, pieces of macaroons, gluten-free flour, almond meal and vegan butter; mix well until combined.
- Transfer the berry mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using your hands, sprinkle brown sugar mixture on top of the berry mixture and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Set aside for 10-20 minutes to cool before serving.
- Serve warm with orange zest.