The event happens March 28-29 and is an opportunity to play Cuba’s sole 18-hole track while gazing upon the Caribbean country’s dynamic coastline.
The Memories Varadero and Royal Hicacos resorts are the lodging hosts for the tourney. Players booking stays through Sunwing are invited to pre-reserve their spots.
The fees are $229 per player, $59 per companion and include:
- Two green fees (tournament rounds)
- Transfers between the resorts and the course
- Clubs storage
- Shared golf cart
- Bucket of golf balls during practice
- Balls and tees can be purchased
- Clubs may be rented at the pro shop
- Dress code in effect
- Welcome cocktail
- Special dinners
- Activities at Memories Varadero Sports Bar
- Raffles (including vacation packages, golf apparel and professional equipment, spa treatments and more)
- Gala dinner and award ceremony
The deadline to register is March 14. Registrations will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis.
Varadero Golf Club is a links design that covers a narrow 3.5 km strip of property on the Hicacos Peninsula. It plays to par 72 and is 6,856 yards from the back tees.
Eight of the holes feature water hazards and bunkers dot the sides of the fairways. The sand traps that guard the large greens are not overly intimidating. They make for a challenge that allows golfers of all ability levels to muster up the nerve to have a go at the pins.