Summer staple-Vans Warped Tour-will be making it's way to the White River Amphitheater in Auburn on June 28th. With over 100 bands playing on 10 different stages, there is guaranteed to be something for everyone. Below, see tricks for getting the most out of your day at punk rock summer camp.
- Parents don't want you to go alone? If you're under 18 and have purchased a ticket, you can bring one parent in for free! There's even a nice, air conditioned 'reverse daycare' tent where your parent can hang out all day out of the sun. Complimentary tickets can be picked up at the yellow 'Guest List' tent on the day of your show.
- Skip the line! Just bring any 3 canned goods (non-dented), an old cell phone or $5 to the Feed the Children Now! tent outside the entrance for your very own Skip the Line bracelet. Make sure you get there early, this is a program a lot of people take advantage of!
- Dream of going backstage? Visit an official MSL blood center before the day of the show to donate blood (or have someone do so in your place) then be one of the first 100 people to bring proof of donation to the MSL tent on the day of the show to get your backstage access!
- Make sure you bring: sunscreen (lots of it...there is nothing more miserable than being sunburnt at Warped Tour), a sealed bottle of water, point and shoot camera (no DSLRs allowed), sharpie for a autographs and any CDs you want signed, pen and paper to write down set times/stages of the bands you want to see. Bring it all in a backpack!
- Don't bring: Weapons (come on! Let's all have a good time!), alcohol, recording devices, chains (including wallet chains), drugs.
While catching the sets of all your favorite bands, don't forget to take the time to catch some bands you do not know. Warped Tour is one of the best places to find and fall in love with new music. Check out this page on the Vans Warped Tour website for a list and some information about the bands playing in Auburn.
Tickets are still available.