Shortbread cookies are a nice change of pace from all the more sugary cookies on the market. Even some homemade cookies have too much added to them and it takes away from the taste of the cookie itself. These cookies may be a bit plain from others you have baked in the past but the are packed full of flavor and are more filling than one filled with chocolate chips. Shortbread cookies are great any time of the day or evening and won’t ruin appetites if you indulge in one or two.
- 2 cups of buttered, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of flour
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour a little at a time until well mixed.
- Roll out the cookie dough and cut using a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a cookie tray about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until then turn a light, golden color.
- Transfer shortbread cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar over the tops right before serving the cookies on a nice platter.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: