Desserts are those special treats everyone looks forward to after dinner. The array of choices are monumental when one thinks about it. There are pies, cookies, cakes, tarts, pasties and the list goes on and on and on. Not everyone has a big sweet tooth. Sometimes you are just looking for a little sugar to satisfy that sugar craving. This vanilla icing recipe provides just a little sweetness that will liven up any confection that you bake. Drizzle a little or a lot depending upon your mood, craving and yen for dessert. Since it is in liquid form unlike traditional frosting it can be spooned over the baked item in lines, swirls or any other design imaginable. Try some today and make decorating desserts easy without them being completely covered in a sugar coating.
- 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of light colored corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of salt
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Stir well with a fork until the icing is completely mixed and smooth.
- Now it is time to add the icing over your prize dessert.
- Dessert choices are endless where this icing can be added to. There are cakes, pies, cookies with so many recipes to choose from.
- Add a light drizzle over a bowl of sliced strawberries. This will reel in the kids to eat more of the fruit and forget about the cookie jar sitting on the counter.
- To drizzle the icing; just dip a spoon into the bowl and hold over the cake and allow it to drip into the pattern of your choice as it falls from spoon to cake top.
- To make thicker lines of icing over cake and cookies transfer the icing to a small Ziploc bag. Squeeze the air out and cut the corner off. Squeeze the bag and more over the cake to create your design. The larger the hole the more icing and thicker the lines will be on the cake.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.