What to make for Valentine's Day dinner if it's too heavy may ruin plans for later. A perfect plan is a little salmon. Salmon has a large amount of zinc and omega 3 fatty acids. The omega 3 fatty acids is known to help cardiovascular systems. The zinc is known for increasing the libido. For Valentine's dinner make a simple meal that will be delicious, beneficial to your health, and increase the libido.
Valentine's Dinner: Baked salmon with spinach salad
- Make sure to buy fresh salmon. (tips on buying fresh salmon).
- Rub the salmon with a mixture of 2 tsp of oil, 1 tsp oregano, lemon zest (or lemon pepper).
- Place the salmon skin side down in a pan and bake for about 18 minutes (medium salmon).
- Cut strawberries in quarters and avocados in small bites sizes.
- Add spinach and nuts to the strawberries and avocados.
- Once the salmon is cooked toss the spinach in 1/2 tsp of balsamic oil and 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare plate and enjoy the night.
Valentine's dinner can't stop there, dessert is almost always necessary at least desired, why not try creme brûlée. With these easy steps anyone can make a great creme brûlée. (if you have never made creme brûlée before you may want some help.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (low fan for newer ovens).
- In a bowl mix six egg yolks together.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of sugar by the yolks (do not mix together yet).
- In a deep sauce pot add 4 cups of heavy cream and 3/4 cup of sugar, med-high heat
- Stir cream until sugar in melted.
- Once cream becomes a rolling boil then its read (it will be climbing the sides of the pan.
- Pull cream off the heat and take over by the yolks.
- Mix the 3/4 cup of sugar that was set aside with the yolks, make sure it is mixed well (If this is done to early there will be chunks in the creme brûlée that have crystalized, this is called sugar burn).
- Slowly in a small stream pour the cream into the egg mixture while continue to stir. It is important to have a small stream and to stir in order not to make scrambled eggs.
- Once all the cream has been added, then add 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla. (If something happened and there may be crystallization strain the mixture before adding to ramikens.
- Set up a water bath for the creme brûlée.
- Fill the ramekins 3/4 full of the mixture and place in the water bath.
- Place them in the oven and cover them (can use tin foil, or another sheet pan over top).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Creme brûlée will look and act like jello when pulled out (will move a little) If it is liquid still keep it in the oven for awhile.
- Once cooked set out, let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, pull out of water bath.
- Leave on counter for another 5 to 10 minutes (this allows it to slowly lower its temperature to keep it from being blasted from one to the other).
- Place ramekins in the fridge overnight.
- Before serving mix brown sugar and white sugar evenly (can use straight sugar of either) place a thin layer over top of the creme brûlée.
- The fun part is to torch the top (any kind of torch will work) watch your hands do not hold the ramekin while torching the sugar, make sure anything flammable is not near by.
- The flame needs to be about 3-4 inches away from brûlée, it should slowly turn the sugar into a golden brown hard layer.
Enjoy the dinner and Happy Valentine's Day.