Intro: Already searching for Valentine's day gift ideas for her? If your wife or girlfriend is a chocolate lover, then she'll love the chocolate Valentine heart from Dove. It's filled with smooth Dove chocolates in a heart-shaped box. It's a great stand-alone V-Day gift for her or as a complement to your homemade Valentine gifts of the chocolate persuasion.
Want Some More Ideas for Valentine's Chocolate Gifts? Read These:
- Homemade Valentine gifts: Make candy roses for chocolate fans
- Chocolate desserts recipes for Valentine's Day: 5 Brownie gifts for your sweet
About the Chocolate Heart for Valentine's Day for Her
The chocolate heart is actually a heart-shaped tin filled with a variety of chocolates. It's just over 8-ounces and offers a lovely alternative to filling a gift basket full of chocolate.
Baking With Kids ~ Chocolate Valentine Hearts to Make for Mom
Chocolate Valentine hearts are great gifts to give your wife or girlfriend if she has a sweet tooth. And if you have kids, they can help you make some chocolate Valentine's Day gifts for their mom.
If you like to bake with your kids, watch the video to learn how to make some homemade Valentine's gifts or read the instructions below. In the tutorial, you'll learn how to make heart-shaped chocolate brownies.
Supplies for the Chocolate Heart Brownies:
The brownies tutorial was created with baking with kids specifically in mind. This easy brownies recipe only requires a few items:
- Boxed brownie mix
- Wax paper
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Some chocolate icing
- Pink icing
- Cake decorations
How to Make Heart-Shaped Brownies:
- Bake the brownies in a round pan according to the instructions on the box.
- You can use store-bought icing, but you'll need to heat it slightly so it pours. You can also frost the brownies the traditional way.
- Allow the brownies to cool on a wire rack.
- Lay out wax paper on your work area. It'll help keep this area clean and reduce the drips that will come as your kids decorate the heart-shaped brownies.
- Place the brownie on the wax paper and position heart-shaped cookie cutters over the brownie. This should fit two or three.
- Cut out the brownies. Set them aside.
- Place the wire rack over the wax paper and put the heart-shaped chocolate brownies on the rack.
- Pour the warm chocolate icing on the brownies. Allow it to set.
- Drizzle the pink icing on the brownies using a fork. Allow it to set.
- Decorate the chocolate hearts with heart-shaped cake decorations and sprinkles.