Want to take your significant other out for a Valentine’s Day date that he/she will never forget? This year on Saturday, February 8th the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens is hosting a very special Valentines event “Sex and the City Zoo” for animal aficionados that you won’t want to miss out! This special evening will kick off with a reception including close-up animal sightings, mingling with zoo keepers, tasty sweets, and wine.
The real treat of the evening will be experiencing a live performance by Whitney Hall. There will be alluring and insightful presentations about “animal mating, dating, and cohabitating” by former general curator, Michael Dee. And for an additional charge, there is an optional four-course dinner at Reggie’s Bistro within the beautiful zoo grounds.
Don’t miss out in this one-of-a-kind event and reserve your spot online. For additional questions on this event, contact Nicole Fodera at 323-644-6042.
Where: Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
When: February 8, 2014
What: Sex and the City Zoo (lecture and optional dinner)
How: Tickets may be purchased by visiting www.lazoo.org/valentinesday/index.html
$30 for GLAZA Members
$40 for Non-members
Dinner Option at Reggie’s Bistro:
an additional $65 for GLAZA Members
an additional $75 for Non-member
Optional dinner includes:
- 1 long stem rose (per couple)
- 1 glass of champagne
- Jumbo shrimp with smoky bacon/cipollini jam/micro basil
- Salad of winter greens, parma prosciutto, shaved hearts of palm and champagne-melon vinaigrette
- Choice of pepper-herbed medallions of roasted beef tenderloin with Boursin Yukon mash cumin-roasted baby vegetables and port wine demi glace reduction OR pan seared arctic char in a nest of pappardelle with lemon cream sauce, baby fennel and broccolini OR vegetarian creamy lemon and saffron Italian risotto with golden tempura seasonal vegetables
- Artisan breads with tomato tapenade
- Dessert for two is a duo of Grand Marnier creme brulee and flowerless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and fresh berries