Intro: Looking for some Valentine's Day crafts for kids? If so, you might want to learn how to make tissue paper roses. They're easy Valentine crafts that your kids can make to help you decorate your home for V-Day.
Other Great Valentine's Day Craft and Food Ideas:
- Homemade Valentine gifts: Make candy roses for chocolate lovers
- How to make cookie pops: Heart-shaped cookie designs for Valentine bouquets
- Valentine love quotes + picture frame crafts = Cute homemade V-Day gifts ideas
- Valentine love quotes, inspirational sayings for your cards
Simple Paper Flowers Are Easy Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Although much attention is usually paid to what we will get our spouse for Valentine's Day, our kids want to be a part of the holidays.
One of the best ways to involve your family in V-Day is by asking them to make some easy Valentine crafts that you can decorate your home with.
The tissue paper flower or rose looks lovely and is easy to put together, making it an ideal choice for DIY paper crafts for Valentine's Day.
Below, you'll find a tutorial that will teach you how to make tissue paper roses plus a list of the supplies you'll need to do it.
You can have your kids not only make tissue paper flowers for your home, but for their grandparents or teachers as well. Helping them make easy Valentine crafts teaches them how to make V-Day gifts for the people they care about.
Make Tissue Paper Flowers -- The Supplies List:
- Tissue paper -- Red, pink and white are nice V-Day colors
- Colored Popsicle sticks (Amazon)
- Wax paper
- Gold wire twists
- Green construction paper
- Hot glue gun or white glue
- Green florist's tape
- Small bud vases
How to Make Tissue Paper Roses -- Tutorial:
- Lay the wax paper down to create a work area. This will catch your spills.
- Fold the construction paper into squares -- maybe about 2-inches square. Starting at the corner of the fold, cut out leaves. (Watch the video tutorial if you're unsure how to cut the tissue paper rose leaves out of the construction paper.)
- Fold the tissue paper in half. It can be along the natural fold of the tissue paper.
- Start rolling the paper on one end, pinching the end to form the base of the flower. Roll it all the way up until you have a tight paper flower. At this stage, you can decide if you want looser paper roses or not. If you do, gently open the top of the DIY paper flower craft until it blooms.
- Secure the tissue paper rose to the top of the Popsicle stick by wrapping the twist tie all the way around it.
- Put a dab of hot glue on the stick and press the base of the paper flower onto the stick. If your kids aren't old enough to do this part themselves, do it for them or use a substitute like rubber cement. Press until the glue dries.
- Reinforce the glue by wrapping a bit of green florist's tape around the base of the flower. (This part is not in the video; it's an extra measure to make sure the Valentine craft stays together and looks neater.)
- Glue the leaves onto the stem.
- Cut out ribbons and secure them around the base of the tissue paper roses to cover up the florist's tape.
- Display them in small bud vases around your home.