Azurea at One Ocean Resort & Spa has elevated itself to the top of the Jacksonville Fine Dining scene. James Beard Chef Ted Peters has been featured in a few of our articles and he consistently produces fantastic meals (go here for more information on Chef Peters). We have the highest respect for his ability to combine flavors that compliment each other. He changes the menu at Azurea seasonally and his dishes often contain ingredients sourced from local growers around Jacksonville. Azurea has appeared in many articles on Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner including the following: Top 5 restaurants for ambiance in Jacksonville and Jax's best dishes, a series where we describe our choices for the top three menu items at local restaurants.
In our 2013 summary of the top 10 restaurants in the Jacksonville area, we listed Azurea as the number 1 restaurant. So, it goes without saying that we highly recommend the restaurant for a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day or any other special occasion.
For Valentine's Day this year, Azurea is offering a five-course dinner menu with wine pairings. We can't think of a better place in the area to celebrate this special occasion. The on-site beach and hotel bar are also great places to spend time before or after dinner. The Azurea Valentine's Day menu features the following items:
- First course: Sous Vide Blue Point Oysters (avocado cream, lime air, balsamic pears) paired with Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Second course: Chicken, almond and Calavados Torchon (light smoke, shaved fennel, Georgia olive the oil) paired with Mohua Pinot Noir, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Third course: Seared moulard duck breast (beet puree, hydro arugula, blackberry gel) paired with Juan Gil Monastrell, Jumilla, Spain
- Fourth course: Charred petite filet and lobster canneloni (citrus cream, basil, veal jus) paired with E. Guigal "Gigondas," Rhone, France
- Dessert: Chocolate almond gateau (strawberry gelee, Veuve Berry Sabayon) paired with Quinta De Noval Ruby Porto, Portugal
The five-course meal costs $85 per person and diners can add an additional $35 per person for wine pairings. The special Valentine's Day menu will be available from February 14th-17th from 6pm-10pm. Reservations are required for dinner and can be made on Open Table or by phone at 904-249-7402. An a-la-carte menu is also available, but the chef recommends that the entire party orders the prix fixe menu for the best dining experience. For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining.