Intro: Looking for romantic Valentine's dinner ideas? Then think about this vegetarian lasagna with spinach and zucchini. If you're intimidated by even a simple lasagna recipe, you'll find that learning how to make vegetarian lasagna is easy if you know a few tips and tricks to use when cooking lasagna.
Need More Great Valentine's Day Ideas?
- Easy Valentine's day gift ideas: Cookie pizza, brownies, etc.
- Valentine gifts for boyfriends: How to make chocolate candy roses for V-Day
- Valentine's dinner menu: Recipe for fried wontons with cream cheese & sausage
- How to make chicken Parmesan for Valentine's Day + how to pick a wine for dinner
- Yummy chicken recipes for two people: How to make Fettucini alfredo with chicken
- Beautiful pasta salad recipes to serve for V-Day
Tips for Making Great Lasagna for Valentine's Dinner
Below, you'll find some helpful tips for making this simple lasagna recipe. They make cooking lasagna easier and tastier.
- If you're making an easy vegetarian lasagna, think about investing in a mandoline slicer. This veggie slicer makes it easier to cut foods like zucchini in a more uniform fashion.
- Squeeze the liquid from the spinach so that you don't have runny lasagna.
- Blanch your zucchini slices for a few minutes before putting them into the the lasagna. By boiling them in water, it'll soften them and get rid of some of the bitterness. To give your blanched veggies extra flavor, try adding a bit of garlic salt to the water.
- Bon Appetit recommends that you always use the no-boil noodles to make your lasagna recipe with. It keeps the pasta from becoming soggy.
- Let your baked lasagna recipe sit for a few minutes after you bake it. It'll make it easier to slice.
- Well Preserved recommends letting the ricotta drain. Put a fresh cloth into a colander and let the liquid from the ricotta drain for several hours.
Here are the Lasagna Ingredients for Your Valentine's Dinner
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 15-oz of low-fat ricotta
- 1 pkg frozen, chopped spinach
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Lasagna noodles, uncooked
Instructions for the Easy Vegetarian Lasagna:
The video at the top of the screen provides cooking instructions for the lasagna plus a few more tips for how to make vegetarian lasagna. It's an easy recipe to follow and is one of the best vegetarian zucchini lasagna recipes that I've tried. The video is only a couple of minutes long. I've provided the list of ingredients from the tutorial to help speed up the process for you. If you can layer noodles, you can make this recipe.
Happy Valentine's Day!