Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks. So,Examiner.com thought the best way to celebrate the day is to have a Valentine’s Day Guide.
1. Carmelo and La La Anthony: New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, and his wife Alani, 34, have been together since 2004 and were married in 2010. The couple has a son Kyan, who was born in 2007.
Carmelo set a Madison Square Garden record 62 points against the Charlotte Bobcats on Jan. 24. He was 23-of-35 from the floor and 6-of-11 from the beyond the arc. Anthony also grabbed 13 rebounds and has produced a career-high 17 double-doubles this season.
Anthony is currently second in the NBA in scoring with 27.1 points a game. He also leads the Knicks with 8.8 rebounds and 1.39 steals a game.
La La is a disc jockey, television personality and actress. She rose to prominence as an MTV VJ during the early 2000s and has been in a number of films and TV programs including “Think Like a Man”.
2. Landry Fields and Elaine Alden. Toronto Raptors forward Landry Fields proposed to girlfriend model Elaine Alden on Feb. 13, 2013, after less than a year of dating.
Fields is in his fourth year in the NBA after being selected with the 38th pick in the 2010 draft. He has appeared in 23 games with the Raptors this season and is averaging 2.4 points in 11.4 minutes a game this season.
Alden is a 5'9" model who has as extensive a resume as we've ever seen before. She has appeared in dozens of print and video ad campaigns, graced various magazine covers and also appeared in a music video. Her Twitter profile lists her as: Model, Fashion, life and sports enthusiast.
3. Spencer Hawes and Gina Antoniello. Philadelphia 76ers’ Hawes and Antoniello, an on-court personality and professional smokeshow for the Brooklyn Nets, have reportedly been dating since 2012.
Hawes is in the midst of a career year. He is currently averaging 13.7 points and 8.6 rebounds while shooting 46.8 percent.
Prior to her gig on the Jumbotron at Nets games, Gina was a model. According to her bio, Antoniello is a self proclaimed sports freak who lists her dream job as a sports agent. She is a 2011 graduate of Wake Forest .
4. Rajon Rondo and Ashley Bachelor. Boston Celtics’ point guard Rajon Rondo and his wife Ashley, have been together since meeting at the University of Kentucky in 2005. The couple was married in 2010 and have a daughter, Ryelle (2008).
Rondo has recently come back from a ACL injury and has appeared in seven games this season for the Celtics. He has struggled so far this season and is currently averaging 8.4 points and 6.3 assists a game while shooting just 36.1 percent from the floor and committing 3.4 turnovers a game.
Bachelor, who is a hair stylist, has been involved in Celtics Wives charitable endeavors and become a fixture at their charitable events. She was most prominently running a shopping event at Saks in Boston to help raise funds for victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
5. Paul Pierce and Julie Landrum. After a lengthy engagement, Boston Celtic Paul Pierce and wife Julie Landrum tied the knot July 17, 2010 at an oceanview wedding on the West Coast. Together since February, 2006 and the couple has three children, two daughters and one son named Prince Paul Pierce born in 2013.
During the lowest point of his career, Pierce credits Landrum for helping keep his head above water.
“She really helped me through that year in 2007, provided me the support when I was down a lot. She's an amazing woman. We get along so well because we were such good friends. We started dating after the All-Star weekend in Houston three years ago. The next thing I know we're living together. Man, we clicked, we bonded.”
Pierce is having one of his worst seasons of his career this season. He is averaging 13.5 points a game and shooting only 41.1 percent from the floor.
6. Kevin and Brandi Garnett: Brooklyn Nets’ forward Kevin Garnett has been married to wife Brandi since 2004, where they were united in a private ceremony in California. The couple has a daughter, Capri (2008).
Garnett, 37, is having the worst year of his career in his first season with the Nets, who are 20-25 on the season. He is averaging just 6.9 points and 6.9 rebounds a game in only 21.3 minutes of action. Garnett is also shooting a career-low 42.2 percent from the field.
Garnett, who has two-year remaining on his contract, has been a league MVP (2003) and was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2008.
While Kevin has received a lot of media attention due to his profession, Brandi has gotten her fair share of the spotlight as a result of her beauty.
7. Michael Carter-Williams and Tia Shah. Philadelphia 76ers guard Michael Carter-Williams is having a tremendous rookie season and is haring his success with his beautiful Indian girlfriend Tia Shah.
Carter-Williams is currently averaging 17.7 points, 5.5 rebounds and 6.6 assists. He has recorded 10 double-doubles and one triple-double while maintaining a two-to-one assist-to-turnover ratio.
Shah is currently a student at Sierra Canyon College.
Before Carter-Williams splashed onto the radar this season, their relationship was filled with time spent together as we can see from Tia's vine posts about their trip to Disneyland and doing other things together.
Now, Williams-Carter is a two-time Eastern Conference Rookie of the Year and is the leading candidate to become Rookie of the Year. He also has put his $3 million salary into a trust fund.
8. Evan Turner and Chels Bella. Philadelphia 76er Evan Turner and Chels Bella have reportedly been together since prior to the 2011 season. Turner and Bella have used social media a lot to talk about their relationships.
Turner, the No. 2 pick in the 2010-11 draft, is showing previous unseen scoring prowess this season. He is currently averaging 18.1 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.1 assists a game.
As Crossing Board first reported, Bella appears to be a strong Christian, as she frequently retweets Christian quotes and motivational messages. Inconclusive research says she's a recent Temple graduate.