With the romantic holiday around the corner, it’s time to start making plans for the special day. Going to the movies can be the ideal date for any couple. Whether it’s the first date or 20th, you can enjoy a nice movie to accompany other plans such as having dinner, coffee or ice cream.
It takes time to decide which film you both want to watch so it’s best to plan ahead. Here are a list of films hitting theaters on or before Feb. 14 that you and your date may want to see.
- “Endless Love” by Shana Feste featuring Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde is a romantic drama about forbidden love. Their instant desire for each other becomes a love affair when the parents attempt to keep them apart. This storyline appears to be similar to the popular romantic film, “The Notebook” by Nick Cassavetes.
- “Winter’s Tale” by Akiya Goldsman is a drama, fantasy and mystery involving love. A burglar who has the gift of reincarnation sets out to save an heiress whom he had fallen for and died in his arms. This film features the talented Colin Farrell, Jessica Brown Findlay and Russell Crowe.
- “About Last Night” is a romantic comedy by Steve Pink. This film is about the journey of two couples who go from a one night stand to a relationship. It stars the comedian Kevin Hart, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant.
- "Girl on a Bicycle” is a comedy, drama, romance film by Jeremy Leven. After proposing to his true love, Paolo encounters the mysterious “girl on a bicycle” and instantly becomes infatuated with her. Meeting her leads to chaos in his life and evokes the question of whether love can conquer all. This film stars Vincenzo Amato, Nora Tschirner and Paddy Considine.
- “Cavemen” by Herschel Faber is a comedic film with a hint of drama about finding love. Tired of one-night stands, Dean decides to find true love while he and his friends strive through adulthood and realities of love. This film stars Alexis Knapp, Chad Michael Murray, Skylar Astin and Camilla Belle.
- “That Awkward Moment” by Tom Gormican is a romantic comedy about three best friends played by Zac Efron, Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller, who find themselves at the confusing stage of every relationship wondering where their relationships are going.
Each film can be a perfect choice depending on the kind of date you would like on Valentine’s Day. For a casual, fun night you can be enthused to watch a romantic comedy like “That Awkward Moment”, or be compelled to watch a romantic drama such as “Endless Love” for a significant night with a loved one, or for a little bit of both, “Girl on a Bicycle” can have you wanting a mix of romance, drama and comedy.