Want to look great this Valentine's Day, but don't have a lot of time? If you're like me, you're lucky if you can find time to brush your teeth and your hair in the morning, let alone put on eyeliner. Consider this makeup tutorial video Cleveland Beauty Examiner's Valentine gift to you--makeup that you can literally do sitting at your kitchen counter next to your 3 year old! Check out the video above to learn how to pamper yourself and get an extra-special look that only takes 15 minutes. Below, you'll find details on the products that I used, along with links for quick shopping. Easy peasy! Have a great day, and much love to you and your loved ones this day and always!
Valentine's Day 2014 Rose Gold Inspired Makeup Look Products
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment. For softly plumped skin and breakout-free hydration from vegan, ethical sources.
- Boscia B.B. Cream. Some products that claim to be BB creams are just tinted moisturizers with sunscreen. This one, which now comes in 3 shades, truly provides all of the benefits that made BB cream famous. It's basically the JLo glow in a bottle.
- Jane Iredale Quad Bronzer in Rose Dawn. This is easily my number one favorite complexion product for dull winter skin. Jane Iredale never skimps on the pigment quality, and it especially shows in this quad: four shades that provide full color payoff even with a sheer application (this may be due to the 24 karat gold flakes that provide some of the shimmer--they are gorge). There is no greater multi-tasker in my kit right now: contour, blush, pop of color, and highlight all in one palette. I am beyond obsessed.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in Soft Brown. Even out and perfect brows without ever venturing into crazy eyebrow lady territory.
- Urban Decay The Naked 3 Palette. This palette, along with the Jane Iredale Quad Bronzer, is the crux of this rose gold makeup look. It's truly the first eyeshadow palette that I've ever been tempted to call "mistake-proof"--the shades are beyond blendable, the color payoff is intense, and the warm rose gold shades seem to be universally flattering. It's very hard for me to wear neutral eyeshadows without looking kind of bruised, but that is somehow not even close to being the case with these. They look dressed up when I'm dressed up, and mellow when I'm in jeans and a tshirt. I will never again live without this palette. Ditto for the corresponding eyeliner pencil, which I also use in the video.
- G.M. Collin Lip Plumping Complex Rose. A beautiful rosy coral shade flecked with gold, in a cushiony line-filling texture that provides immediate plumping and long term anti-aging effects.
- Jane Iredale Just Kissed in Montreal. A tinted lip plumper that goes on as easily as chapstick, this one is at home in my evening clutch as it is in my snowboarding fanny pack (yes, I ride with my stuff in a fanny pack; so much more comfy than overstuffed pockets. I dare you to try it!). It is sooo hydrating with a warm cinnamon-ginger flavor that has to be some kind of an aphrodesiac. With anti-aging peptides for long term benefits, and exfoliating oils of lemon and tangerine to help prevent unkissable flakies. I always have one of these within reach!
- Kai fragrance. Everyone wants to get closer to the girl who smells like vacation! Seriously, this scent was created by a woman who loved the gorgeous leis she would smell in Hawaii, but couldn't stand the cloying headache-inducers that are most gardenia fragrances. Fresh, damp, floral yet green, this is everything wonderful: sensual and yet somehow also energetic. It's no wonder that pretty much every celebrity you've ever heard of wears Kai.
- CARITA Paris Eau de Parfum. If you're more of a die hard classical romantic, you can't celebrate the V Day without something rose. Let this be your fragrance, minus the grandma, and get your Catherine Deneuve on with a powdery blend of rose and amber that evokes warmth, comfort, presence, self-knowledge, and sophistication.