After several frozen days in Atlanta, parents and kids are ready to break out of the winter doldrums. These Valentine's Day jokes, cards, activities and more for kids and the young at heart can do just that.
On Feb. 14, the “Atlanta Journal & Constitution” reported that many in Georgia may have to delay Valentine’s Day due to lack of power and impassible roads, especially in hard hit areas like Augusta. One Georgia sheriff even canceled Valentine’s Day because of the winter storm, as reported by CBS News on Feb. 12. However, the sun is shining in Atlanta on Feb. 14 and most of the snow and ice have already melted away. If you were unable to buy anything for Valentine’s Day, have no fear. The holiday isn’t about an expensive gift. It’s all about showing others how much you love them. Below are a few Valentine’s Day jokes to share with your kids and some great resources for free and last minute activities, printables and coloring pages.
Valentine’s Day Jokes for Kids and the Young At Heart
To add a dash of humor to your family’s Valentine’s Day, here are ten jokes that are perfectly corny for kids of all ages from ActivityVillage.com and Spoonful.
- What did the caveman give his wife on Valentine’s Day? Ughs and kisses!
- What did the boy sheep say to the girl sheep? I love ewe!
- What did the stamp say to the envelope on Valentine’s Day? I’m stuck on you!
- What kind of flowers do you never give on Valentine’s Day? Cauliflowers.
- What do you call a very small Valentine? A Valentiny.
- What did the boy squirrel say to the girl squirrel on Valentine’s Day? I’m nuts about you!
- Why did the banana go out with the prune on Valentine’s Day? Because it couldn’t get a date.
- What did the paper clip say to the magnet on Valentine’s Day? I find you very attractive.
- Did Adam and Eve ever have a date? No, but they had an apple.
- Do skunks celebrate Valentine’s Day? Sure, they’re very scent-imental.
Free Valentine’s Day Activities and Printables
There are a ton of websites that offer free printables and coloring pages, plus activities, worksheets, games, word searches and more to celebrate Valentine’s Day 2014. To help your own child get into the spirit of the beloved holiday, here are a few great online resources.
- Activity Village.com: There’s something for kids of all ages, including Valentine’s Day scrapbook paper, printable cards, bookmarks, posters and more.
- Disney Family Fun.com: Choose from a delightful assortment of cards, gifts, decorations, stickers, coloring pages and activity sheets.
- ABC Teach.com: Family fun activities include greeting cards, activity sheets, flashcards, writing paper and a ton more.
- DTLK.com: Free printables include awards and certificates, bingo cards, bookmarks, cards, doorknob hangers and more for kids of all ages.
- Coloring Page.net: This helpful website offers 40 different pages to color hearts, doves, boxes of Valentine's candy and more.
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, simply click on SUBSCRIBE. Do you have a story idea? I'd love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.