Valentine’s Day isn’t hearts and roses for everyone. There are those who loathe love’s holiday, wallow in heartbroken misery or embrace the single life. Whoever you are, Spotify has put together a music playlist for single ladies to enjoy this Valentine’s Day as they eat a pint of ice cream or get together to spend “Galentine’s Day” with besties.
The world’s most famous single gal, fictional character Bridget Jones, shares the ultimate single girls playlist for Valentine’s Day on Spotify. Inspired by her latest Bridget Jones installment, “Mad About the Boy”, author Helen Fielding explained that the playlist is “for any Bridget Joneses out there who find themselves spending Valentine’s Day alone, with a bottle of vodka.”
The Bridget Jones’ Valentine’s Day playlist for single ladies is designed for drunken dancing and mood swings. Find the music here, which features a wide range of single girl classics such as Celine Dion’s “All by Myself” and The Weather Girls’ “It’s Raining Men”.
Stream the "Bridget Jones’ Mad About The Boy" playlist directly to your computer, smartphone or tablet with the Spotify Play Button, which can be used to easily embed tracks: click here for more information.
- “Mad About the Boy” - Dinah Washington
- “Littlest Things” - Lily Allen
- “All By Myself” - Celine Dion
- “I Will Survive” - Gloria Gaynor
- “Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us” - Alison Krauss and Robert Plant
- “Play the Game” - Queen
- “I Want that Man” - Debbie Harry
- “Crazy For You” - Madonna
- “You Know I'm No Good” - Amy Winehouse
- “I'm Every Woman” - Chaka Khan
- “Killer Queen” – Queen
- “Don't Get Me Wrong” - Pretenders
- “Eternal Flame” - the Bangles
- “Could It Be Magic” - Donna Summer
- “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?” - Carole King
- “I Don't Wanna Lose You” - Tina Turner
- “Respect” - Aretha Franklin
- “The Wind” - Cat Stevens
- “It's Raining Men” - The Weather Girls
- “Have You Met Miss Jones” - Robbie Williams
If you happen to find a date for this February 14, then download the top Valentine's Day love songs for a steamy, romantic evening.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com. For similar to above, click subscribe below to receive instant free updates or follow Deirdre on Twitter.