Don’t have a date for Valentine’s Day? Feeling blue and wondering what to do? Don’t be bullied into thinking you are less because you are single. Cheer up! Here are10 fun things for singles to do on Valentine’s Day.
- Treat yourself. Be good to yourself. If you want that heart-shaped box of candy and those flowers buy it for yourself and enjoy it. You deserve it.
- Go to a singles bar. Many bars and clubs hold singles parties for Valentine’s Day. This is a great time for singles to go out, get together and have fun just being single.
- Treat yourself to a spa day, make-over or massage. Spend the time relaxing and taking care of your body.
- Do something nice for someone. Make it a day on not a day off volunteer to help those in need. Volunteer at a food bank, homeless shelter or soup kitchen. Show that you care.
- Find out what other singles are doing and hang out together.
- Throw a party. Invite your single friends to get together and dance, eat, drink have a good time and you don’t have to worry about a date having a good time.
- Go to church. After all Valentine’s Day was named for St. Valentine, a catholic priest, who was beheaded in Rome around 278 AD for continuing to perform marriages after they were banned.
- Have a Valentine’s Day Moviethon. Rent the movie The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, get some popcorn and invite some friends over to watch the movie.
- Celebrate Singles Awareness Day instead of Valentine’s Day. Top it off by flying to Brazil to celebrate.
- Wear green or black instead of red. Green is considered the opposite of red and black symbolizes an absence of celebration.
February 14th as every day is a day to celebrate life and living. Enjoy being alive and enjoy being you. You are special!