Valentine's Day is a time when people celebrate their love for others and share the day by doing special things for one another. Couples often go out on dates on February 14th and there are many things to do. Disneyland Resorts is a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day with its numerous romantic spots. Couples can ride the King Arthurs Carrousel and listen to Disney classics as they take a magical ride or perhaps sharing a kiss (and photo opportunity) in front of the Sleeping Beauty's Castle. What about sneaking a kiss on the Disneyland train as it goes around the theme park or a quiet moment at Snow White's Grotto? Imagine seeing Disney California Adventure at night on Mickey's Fun Wheel or walking around Downtown Disney to hear great music and take in a movie. A sweetheart could buy a special person a charm for their Alex & Ani bracelet and stop by the numerous bakeries to get a treat. There are many things offered at Disneyland Resorts but the most important thing is to spend the day with those cared about.
There are many souvenirs to choose from at Disneyland Resorts but it is always nice to get something just for Valentine's Day such as an Alex & Ani bracelet. These stylish pieces of jewelry can be adorned with a unique charm like one designed with the Sleeping Beauty Castle or a Mickey Mouse one. The Alex & Ani bracelets are available at selected locations such as New Century Jewelry Shop at Main Street USA.
In New Orléans Square, there is a small boutique that sells various perfumes and colognes. Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie is offering the enticing perfume Hypnotic Poison eau Secrete by Dior. Artist Pam Smith will be available February 8th, 13th-15th for a hand-painted bottle.
There are a lot of restaurants throughout Disneyland, Disney California Adventure and Downtown Disney.
- Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55: This classic steakhouse has some delicious food such as a 20oz porterhouse, succulent Coldwater lobster tail and pistachio rack of lamb. On Friday, there will be a Valentine's Day Prix Fixe Meal featuring spinach and strawberry salad, surf and turf meal (beef filet, wild scallops, lobster mashed potatoes, sautéed broccolini with lemon butter beurre blanc and peppercorn sauce) and for dessert a Mocha Pate au Chocolate, Creme Anglais and Raspberries.
- Disneyland's Carnation Cafe: This restaurant at Main Street USA has been a Disney favorite for years. The Carnation Cafe will be serving Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast and during dinner a Surf and Turf meal.
- Cafe Orléans: New Orléans Square's Cafe Orléans will feature a "Bouchee of Love" offering which is a puff pastry filled with shrimp, chicken, spinach and tomato concasse in a diable sauce.
- Blue Bayou: This restaurant is located within Pirates of the Caribbean has a romantic atmosphere with soft lights, softly lapping water and a nighttime bayou scene. In addition to wonderful meals such as Disney's famous gumbo and a Tesoro Island Chicken, Blue Bayou will feature a pan-seared Hawaiian Hamachi plate with spaghetti squash and roasted potatoes with Persimmon burr blanc.
- Plaza Inn: This fanciful restaurant is a place that has good food and is known for its Disney character meals. For dinner, a spicy glazed salmon with chipotle pineapple glaze, mixed vegetables and mushroom quinoa is a good choice for Valentine's Day.
- Disney California Adventure's Wine Country Trattoria: Guests and Valentine's Day couples can enjoy an Antipasto Platter for Two as well as lobster risotto or crab-topped filet mignon and a chocolate tart with espresso creme and raspberries along with wine choices.
- Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta: There will be a delicious heart-shaped ravioli with sautéed spinach and arugula in a champagne cream sauce.
- Throughout various bakeries such as Disney California Adventure's Fidler, Fifer and Practical Cafe, Disneyland's Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, Paradise Pier's Surfside Louge and Disneyland Hotel's Coffe House will be serving a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting dipped in a chocolate ganache with strawberry curls and a cute fondant rosebud.
Hear some classic music at Downtown Disney with Ry Bradley who is going to play some great rockabilly music! There are many restaurants at Downtown Disney that will have its own set menu offerings such as Catal Restaurant or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Watching a romantic movie seems to be a tradition amongst many couples and at AMC Downtown Disney the colorful and poignant musical Moulin Rouge will be played. For more information go here.
Harker, Michelle. "Valentine’s Day Merchandise Gift Guide for Disneyland Resort." Disney Parks Blog RSS. N.p., 3 Feb. 2014. Web. 13 Feb. 2014. <disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/valentines-day-merchandise....
"News! Valentine's Day Menus and Treats at Disneyland." the disney food blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014. <www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/02/05/news-valentines-day-menus-and-t....
"Valentine's Day Happenings at Downtown Disney." Disneyland. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014. <disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/downtown-disney/valentines....
"Valentine's Day Offerings at Disneyland Resorts." Valentine's Day Offerings at Disneyland Resorts. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014. <www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/DLRValentinesDay.sh....