These bars are so tart and flavorful! Definitely for those who just love lemon, like I do!
The original recipe is from the USA Weekend paper.
Find everything you need to make these at your local Meijer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 T flour
- 6 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325°. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position. Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and powdered sugar; stir in butter til dough forms. Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake dough til golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs with flour, juice and zest.
- Add filling to baked crust and bake another 20 minutes. Cool bars in pan on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve with additional powdered sugar if desired.