This recipe is adapted from the side of my cocoa container.
Find everything you need to make this batch of chocolatey brownies at your local Meijer.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8 x 8" pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa. Add sugar and mix well. Stir in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Stir in flour and salt, just til blended. Do not overbeat. Fold in nuts if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes or til a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and slice.