This an adaptation of the usual recipe for my chocolate chip cookie bars, however, I also went one better. I topped the warm bars with extra chocolate chips for an added layer of delicious semi sweet chocolate.
Find everything you need to make these at your local Meijer.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 t baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips plus about 1/2 cup extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (which makes the job easier), beat butter and sugars til creamy. Beat in eggs.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan (I used moistened finger. It makes this part easier too). Bake 25-27 minutes or til golden brown. Sprinkle warm bars with remaining chocolate chips. Spread over the top with a small spatula.
- Cool and slice.