Gorgonzola and chicken make SUCH a wonderful combination! And of course, the salad was made with many ingredients from our garden. One of my favorite vinaigrettes for a salad is a simple one: red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Find everything you need to make this at your local Meijer, or if in season, your local Farmer's Market.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- scant handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large frying pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat, combine the oil and butter and heat til melted. Add chicken and saute til browned on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic til just softened, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour while whisking. Cook while constantly whisking for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cheeses) and chicken and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook til sauce thickens. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and let sit for a few minutes or til cheeses are melted.
- Served over fettuccini with a garden salad of mixed greens, chopped tomato, red onion and cucumber with red wine vinaigrette.