A refreshing cocktail for two, just in time for Valentine's Day!
Find everything you need to make this recipe at your local Meijer. For best results, start this one a day ahead.
- 1 oz simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 4 oz ginger infused vodka (recipe follows)
- 8 oz Brut champagne or your favorite
- splash of fresh lime juice for each
- mint for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the simple syrup and ginger vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 10-15 seconds and strain into glasses with a few ice cubes. Fill the rest of each glass slowly with Freixenet, stirring. Add juice.
- Garnish each with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine both ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer on the stove for 15 minutes, til the sugar is dissolved and the water has reduced a bit. Let cool and use for cocktails. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Ginger Infused Vodka
- 2 cups vodka
- 4 to 5 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger, peeled
- Place vodka in a glass container and add ginger pieces. Cover with plastic wrap or lid and let infuse in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days.
- Use in cocktail recipes.