The original recipe called for cooking the bananas in the caramel for a few minutes, but I like the flavor and texture of the bananas as is, fresh out of the peel. I also used my own caramel sauce recipe, the original called for 6 tablespoons of butter.
Adapted from my Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine.
To find everything you need to make this wonderful dessert, shop your local Meijer.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 T butter
- sliced bananas
- whipped cream, for serving
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the pecans and coconut. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the sugar over medium heat. Cook til sugar caramelizes, stirring often, about 5-7 minutes. Whisk in butter. Slowly whisk in cream and cook another minute or so, til mixture is thick and smooth. Cool.
- Place sliced bananas in serving dish or bowls. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with nut mixture. Top with whipped cream.