For the final wrap-up of Caribbean Valentine’s Day travel deals, I bring you to the sultry, salty waters of Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Nevis, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Martin, St Thomas, St Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad. There are some exceptional deals here, remember it is still high-season in the Caribbean, so treat your sweetie to a few days of love and romance on the sandy beaches and shimmering waters.
The Half Moon Bay Resort is offering the ‘Celebration Package’ for Valentine’s Day. Starting at $885 a night per couple, this package is jammed-packed with the following amenities:
- -An Enchanting Couples Spa Treatment at our Seaside Cabana and hand-honed stone tub - enjoy invigorating massage adieux to the serenading sounds of the Caribbean sea followed by a soothing soak with indigenous herbs and botanicals while you savor champagne and chocolate dipped fruits.
- Romantic Turndown --- Your suite transformed into a romantic wonderland with scented rose petals, flickering candles and the tantalizing aroma of sweet oranges ginger and all spice --- Fern Tree’s signature scent
- Romantic Rafting Trip - An idyllic rafting excursion along the Martha Brae River with your personal raft man on a bamboo raft, reminiscent of a bygone era. Private car transportation included.
- Also included are: private car transfers, bottle of Champagne on arrival, complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner; drinks at Resort Bars, welcome gift in room on arrival and the Managers’ Cocktail Party. Minimum stay of 3 nights required. For booking, visit www.halfmoon.com.
Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, located on a 25-foot bluff overlooking the Caribbean Sea, is offering couples a glimpse into the resort’s storied past this Valentine’s Day. From hand inscribed quotes from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet at turn down to a Valentine’s table d’hôte dinner for two with dancing under the stars at The Terrace, the resort’s legendary reputation as a haven for the romantics of an era past is setting the stage for love and romance for years to come.
In addition to the exotic menus and amenities of this famed resort, The Red Lane Spa at Royal Plantation is also introducing a Valentine’s Day exclusive “Champagne Celebration” treatment from Feb. 13 – 15th. The treatment includes a champagne cocktail and relaxing soak in a warm water tub with petals infused with hydrating aromatic oils followed by a relaxing massage for two. Cost is $365/couple for treatment. For further information and online reservations, please visit www.royalplantation.com.
Montpelier Plantation Resort in Nevis Offers Couples A Truly Romantic Getaway for Two at a SIGNIFICANT savings. Book now in time for Valentine's Day. Rates start at just $574 per couple, per night. Five night minimum, good now through February 28, 2010! This represents a savings of $183 per night over the regular high season rate. The package includes: full breakfast daily, afternoon tea daily, sensuous aromatherapy massage for two, -private guided hike for two into the rainforest, one sumptuous lunch specially prepared by the Chef, including champagne, served poolside, two four-course dinners at the award winning Terrace restaurant, one romantic dinner at the exclusive Mill Restaurant, a special gift, unlimited use of tennis and snorkeling equipment. Rates do not include taxes or gratuities. This package is based on availability. For reservations, email email@example.com or call 1.888.334.7609.
Montpelier Great Room, courtesy of Montpelier Plantation resort
The privately owned 18thcentury Montpelier Plantation Resort is located on a 60 acre estate of lush tropical gardens and a sugar cane field with breathtaking views of the sea on the beautiful and unspoiled island of Nevis. The hotel is 10 miles from Nevis Airport and 4 miles from Charlestown. Two weekly flights from New York go directly to St. Kitts for easy transfer to Nevis (6 minutes by boat!). The hotel features 19 guest rooms, distributed throughout nine cottages and comprising of 16 rooms and two suites. Each has its own private entrance and veranda providing panoramic views to the ocean. Secluded beach , 60 ft swimming pool, 3 restaurants, wine bar, tennis court, spa, nearby access to golf course and horseback riding stables Check out www.montpeliernevis.com for more information on the resort.
Lose yourself in the vibrant beauty and captivating allure of Puerto Rico at the El Conquistador Resort, Waldorf Astoria Collection. Perched high above the ocean on a 300-foot cliff, the El Conquistador Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection, is a peaceful retreat on the Island of Enchantment. The luxurious Puerto Rico resort is divided into five villages, providing a soothing getaway from the stress of the world. Enjoy breathtaking, panoramic ocean views at The Grand Hotel including the villages of Las Brisas and La Vista. Built into the side of a cliff and wrapped around its own swimming pool, let sea breezes caress you in Las Olas Village, or just relax on your private balcony in La Marina Village, which overlooks the sea and is home to the new water park and private marina. Experience this vibrant Puerto Rico resort for yourself, complete with beautifully appointed accommodations, attentive service and a magnificent setting.
Connect in the heart of El Conquistador Resort and allow the boundless scenery to warm your heart, with this radiant vacation package. Sparkling wine greets you and your loved one, along with a full American breakfast, a truly cosmopolitan selection of hot coffees and teas, and a light breakfast on the go. Book now to catch the spark of romance with this luminous El Conquistador Resort vacation package, including: stylish, comfortable accommodations , pre-registration for convenient arrival and check-in, sparkling wine or non-alcoholic sparkling cider in room or suite , use of the new, modern Fitness Center and steam rooms.
In addition, personalized touches are available upon request such as:
- The El Conquistador Resort has an on-site florist and an on-site jewelry store so if someone was looking to send a nice gift to their loved one on Valentine’s Day those are two gift options.
- The spa typically offers a special couples massage with candles/rose petals
- Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered to your room after dinner (or any time) through our Room Service Dept.
- There is a Strip House steakhouse with private dining rooms for those looking for a private romantic evening
- Las Casitas Resort offers villas with full-kitchen facilities (you can arrange to have a private chef cook a romantic dinner for you and your loved one, etc.)
- In the past, there has been a private picnic arranged on the grounds where someone proposed to his girlfriend
- There are two luxury catamarans that could be rented for a private evening cruise with a private dinner
- Tours of San Juan or helicopter tours of the area can be arranged (there is a helipad close to the arrival area)
For more information, visit www.elconresort.com
Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Valentine’s Day Package includes: Spacious Garden View Room, welcome amenity to include a bottle of sparkling wine and selection of petit fours, a chocolate bubble bath prepared on arrival night by Bath Butler, US$199.00 per room per night based on double occupancy (excludes tax and service charge - currently 19%) Travel dates: February 6th-18th, 2010 Booking code: SPJ. For more information visit, www.stkittsmarriott.com
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, located in St. Lucia’s exotic southern coast, is a 254-room, all-inclusive premier Caribbean resort for honeymoons. The “Harmony” wing is a tranquil adult-only oasis offering the perfect setting for a romantic escape with a palm-fringed pool, braided hammocks, intimate cabana beds and the oceanfront Kai Mer Spa. In 2010, the discounted high-season nightly rates start at $128 per person, all-inclusive, double occupancy. www.cbayresort.com / 1-877-352-8898
The beautiful, family run boutique hotel, LaHaut Resort, has been rated by Trip Advisor as the #2 B&B and a Top 10 Restaurant in the scenic Soufriere area. Famous for their gorgeous views, eco-tourism and weddings, take advantage of their Getaway Valentine’s Package for US$1075 (Premium Vista Room), US$925 (Superior Deluxe Room) or US$850 (Standard Garden Room). These packages can be modified to include more nights and dinners as needed. The package includes 3 nights, 4 days in a room category of your choice, a romantic candlelit dinner on a night of your choice, a welcome bottle of Sparkling Wine, a full body Massage for 2, in the privacy of your room and round trip airport transfers. Visit LaHaut Resort for booking information.
Majestic view of the St Lucia Pitons, courtesy of La Haut Resort
Sonesta St. Maarten Resorts add Caribbean sizzle to Valentine's Day with the Seduction in St. Maarten romance packages. Both three-night packages are priced at $329 per room, per night for stays through April 3, 2010 and $229 per room, per night for stays April 4 to December 18, 2010.
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino's Seduction in St. Maarten package includes:
- Round trip Transfers from Airport
- Sparkling wine and chocolates in the room
- In room dinner for two from a special menu (one per stay)
- In room breakfast for two from a special menu (one per stay)
- Nightly turndown service
- 20% off Treatments at Good Life Spa
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino's Seduction in St. Maarten package includes: Ocean view accommodations, a bottle of champagne and Belgian chocolates upon arrival, romantic dinner for two in one of the resort's restaurants (one glass of house wine per person included), free US$ 20.00 casino match bet per person and daily turn down service . Visit http://www.sonesta.com/stmaarten for more information.
The luscious 4 star, Hotel Le Domaine du Lonvilliers in St. Martin, owned by Christophe Leroy, is offering the following romance package for Valentine’s Day: Private boat transfer from/to the airport, one deluxe room with ocean view, breakfast included, a bottle of Champagne, a ½ hour couple massage, and a romantic dinner. 2 nights = 690 euros, 3 nights = 1035 euros.
Located on the Anse Marcel inlet in a 148 acre tropical garden, the resort offers 124 spacious Deluxe rooms and 5 suites which are luxuriously decorated in Malaysian furniture and fresh Caribbean colors. The Domaine restaurant offers French gastronomic cuisine prepared by its star Chef, Philippe Dorange.
For more information and booking, visit: http://www.hotel-le-domaine.com/uk/index.php
The star-studded La Samanna in St. Martin is offering a significant saving from their typical starting price of $995 per night. Their Valentine’s Day Package includes: daily buffet breakfast, roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Champagne, fruit basket and flowers, a 45 minute couples massage per stay, one day luxury car rental, one Caligula dinner including a bottle of Bollinger Special Cuvée, use of a magnificent Beach Cabana once per stay, special turndown with candles and bath amenities, access to a state of the art Fitness Centre, unlimited usage of non motorized water sports. Prices From: $660.00 USD per night, four nights minimum stay, taxes and gratuities not included. Contact La Samanna for booking.
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort's Valentine's Day 5 Night Package $1743.00 per couple includes: fifth night free, romantic sunset cocktail cruise around beautiful Charlotte Amalie Harbor on board "Heavenly Days," his & her’s half-hour massage, welcome bottle of champagne in the couple's room, 3 course dinner at the Lobster Grille, gratuities included , unlimited use of windsurfers, sunfish sailboats, kayaks, aqua tricycles, swim mats, view boards and snorkeling equipment, resort tax, service charge and energy surcharges.
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort features 65 beach front rooms curved around crescent-shaped, palm-lined Bolongo Bay. Accommodations are in the midst of a makeover with new color schemes and soft goods (bedding and linens). Rooms offer a private balcony as well as many of the comforts of home including a mini-refrigerator, coffeemaker, ceiling fan, air-conditioning, color cable television, hair dryer, radio alarm clock, iron and ironing board, safe and telephone. Travelers making reservations at Bolongo do not have to worry about having a passport. As a territory of the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix) does not require American citizens to possess a passport to enter the destination or return to the U.S. mainland. For additional information about Bolongo Bay Beach Resort, visit Bolongo at http://www.BolongoBay.com.
ST VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
Bequia Beach Hotel is located on Bequia, the largest Grenadine Island in St Vincent and the Grenadines. Featuring 30 rooms with a total of 35 will be completed later this year; the property boasts 13 suites, 11 classic rooms, and six villas - three with their own individual plunge pools. All rooms are decorated in bespoke colonial style, and feature ensuite bathrooms, indoor seating, and private covered terraces complete with sun loungers. The property opened a new beachfront seafood-inspired restaurant in November 2009 - the Bagatelle Beach Bar & Restaurant - offering guests and visitors to the island a second and varied dining option to the hotel’s already existing Blue Tropic Café. A new spa and gym will also be introduced soon. www.bequiabeach.com
Bequia Beach Hotel's "Valentine's Day" package includes:
- (3) three-nights accommodation for US$790 per couple
- Complimentary upgrade from a Classic Pool View Room to a Classic Sea View room
- OR for US$100 extra per adult total, upgrade to an Ocean View Suite -- twice the size of the Classic Sea View room
- (2) two three-course dinners at the new Bagatelle Beach Bar and Restaurant with complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- (1) massage per couple
- Continental breakfast daily
- Airport pickups, ferry transfers, and welcome cocktail upon arrival
- Retain your complimentary upgrade for as many additional nights as you wish – at US$180 per night, per couple, for an Classic Sea View room; or $225 per night, per couple, for an Ocean View Suite.
- Travel dates must include February 12, 13, and 14, 2010
Grenadine House, located on the main island of St. Vincent, offers twenty well-appointed rooms, 24-hour security, a relaxing swimming pool, and two meeting rooms built in a 50- and 80-people capacity theater style. The hotel also features a five-star worthy restaurant and cocktail bar. Upon request, guests here can relish a special Vincentian breakfast made from fresh local produce, whilst taking in expansive views of the bay, Fort Charlotte and the Grenadine island of Bequia. The stark white complexion of the two-storied building stands out in St. Vincent’s rich garden setting and the structure boasts sash windows and a hip roof, supported by slim colonnades lining its front and back facades. Meeting the highest of today’s international hotel standards, Grenadine House offers its guests the absolute best of Vincy hospitality. www.grenadinehouse.com
- Grenadine House's "Valentine's Day" package includes:
- 2) two-nights accommodation for US$349 per couple
- (1) dinner for two at the locally-renowned Sapodilla Room
- Continental breakfast daily
- Roses for the ladies upon entry
- Additional nights are US$140, per couple, for a Garden or Bay View Room
- Travel dates must include February 13 and 14
- Travel can start 7 days prior to February 13 and continue for up to 7 days after the 14th
- Book by February 7, 2010
With the Amour Package at Hyatt Regency Trinidad, couples can take the time to reconnect. An unforgettable setting and all the romantic touches make this an ideal getaway with that special Valentine.
With the Amour Package, guests enjoy full breakfast buffet for two, welcome romance amenity of champagne and chocolate truffles, nightly turn-down and a late check-out of 2 pm. Couples can also enjoy soothing treatments at Spa Esencia, gourmet dining at The Waterfront Restaurant and lounging by the rooftop infinity pool. Room rates over Valentine’s Day weekend start at $299 per night. Please visit www.trinidad.hyatt.com or call 1.800.233.1234 for more information and reservations.