Valentine’s Day is for those who love one another and over 141 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged according to Hallmark Cards. The card company surveyed people to find out how many cards are shared annually, which makes it the second biggest card giving day of the year.
Does this include Valentine’s Day card exchanges in school? Surprisingly, no, and researchers say over half of all Valentine’s Day cards are bought the same week as the holiday and more than half of all American’s celebrates Valentine’s Day by purchasing a greeting card.
Capturing words of love has been a part of life for thousands of years. Authors and poets are all about capturing words of love and here are quotes on love and romance from some famous folks throughout human history.
• How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
• The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
• Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
• My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
• Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love.
- Leo Tolstoy
Now for the big question: Do you consider Valentine’s Day e-cards appropriate for giving to someone you love on Valentine’s Day or just sharing with friends and acquaintances?
©Annette Palmer, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Please do not reproduce this article without written permission from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com.