With Valentine's Day just a day away, many men and women are preparing something super duper special for their loved ones.
Perhaps it is a dinner at a romantic restaurant with soft music and delectable delights . . . hold the onions.
Perhaps it is a large bouquet of red, for love and passion, roses . . . don't forget the sprinkle of baby's breath.
Perhaps it is even an amazing large assortment of sweets and treats and especially chocolate . . . once on the lips forever on the hips.
Nevertheless, however you intend to share this amazing day of love . . . ignoring, of course, the fact that St. Valentine was a Catholic priest who probably never married and was martyred . . . consider topping it off with an equally romantic movie. Here are some movies to consider that will indeed curl the toes and warm the heart.
- The Naked Jungle - marriage to an unknown desperate man in a wild jungle, roar!
- Jane Eyre - with Orson Welles, tall boots, gorgeous manhood, highly romantic
- The Quiet Man - the ultimate in "marriage in name only" between John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara . . . are you kidding?
- The Enchanted Cottage - who wouldn't want to look like a dream to their loved one?
- I Know Where I'm Going - nothing like true love to stop you in your tracks when you are off to marry a rich man . . . except maybe the gas bill.
- Test Pilot - yes, this is something good for men and women, action, love, and the test of living on the edge . . . or pushing the envelope.
- Letters to Juliet - new romance kindling with old romance and topped off with amazing Italian scenery and music . . . definitely fiction.
- It Happened One Night - living hard the hard way but finding real meaning of real love - in the Depression era . . . your mansion for a notel motel.
- Marty - with Ernest Borgnine, the movie that made a homely man a real heart throb . . . and incidentally, him an Oscar.
- Love Affair and Love Affair to Remember - both are superb and both are real heart breakers . . . even though I prefer Love Affair more with Charles "Yum" Boyer.
- Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty - animation but delightful and romantic music that makes you hum.
Remember that to share a heart warming movie that includes plenty of cherishing romance with a loved one will make an even better end to a St. Valentine's Day to remember.
Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available at no cost. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above. Thank you!