Valentine, a cat shot in the head with a dart

valintinenow(1).jpg

Comments

• Penny Tacoma Dogs Examiner 5 years ago

This is horrible! I can't even begin to imagine the pain that poor cat was in....so happy that Valentine got some help.

• Pet Advocacy Examiner-Dena 5 years ago

Thank you Penny for commenting. I hear you about the pain factor, and to just walk up on someone's porch like nothing happened. My goodness that poor cat. I really hope someone takes that cat and provides her a great home and treats her as a queen for what she has been through. I hope she understands that not all people are that bad.

• Debbie 5 years ago

Let me know if Valentine gets adopted please :)

• Pet Adcocacy Examiner-Dena 5 years ago

Debbie, she has several applications at the Gloucester County Animal Shelter right now. If you would like you could click the link in the article and contact them about trying as well. She is one lucky little cat. I will be posting an update on her soon. I have some great information about her and how she is doing.

• kym 5 years ago

What a terrible person to do something like this!! I can't even imagine what poor Valentine is going through. How can people be so cruel. If you don't like animals regardless of type just leave them alone!There is NO justifiable reason to injure a defensless animal. I have seen abuse before and yet it amazes me everyday to see the trust,gentleness,and love these animals still show to humans... Thank you to everyone involved in the saving,treatment,and compassion you all have given her. I hope she ends up in a home she deserves, caring,loving and safe...

• National Pet Advocacy Examiner-Dena 5 years ago

Thank you Kym for the great comments. I fully understand. I do have an update I'm working on with new pictures so check back at a later date to see her and to see how you may be able to help with the medical bills. They are stacking and the rescue is hurting for the money to pay them. Details coming!

• tim 5 years ago

thanks so much for keeping this in the media. please can you do updates so we can see how valentine does.

• Mark Tisch 5 years ago

Some loser who thinks he's tough did that. But instead of taking on a real challenge he picked on a little cat... real tough. Pathetic and disgusting. Big thanks to those who are helping that kitty.

• Pet Advocacy Examiner-Dena 5 years ago

THank you Mark and Tim for your comments. Mark-Yes it does take a coward to do something like this to a poor helpless cat. Next this person will be targeting bigger prey and eventually people. To Tim - Yes I am currently woring on an update to Valentine. I should have something up tonight or first thing in the morning on her. She is doing very well and loving her foster home, although due to her situation she is having some trust issues. That is to be expected.