1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. Performing Arts

Vail International Dance Festival 2010 schedule announced!

I've had the privilege of attending the Vail International Dance Festival off and on since I was 16 years old. I have vivid memories of attending one of the International Evenings of Dance - watching artists from around the world, under the stars, on a clear Colorado evening. With the indigo Rocky Mountains as a backdrop I distinctly remember thinking, It just doesn't get better than this.

Many years and performances later, I still believe the Vail International Dance Festival to be one of a kind. The Vail Valley Foundation brings artists to the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Beaver Creak that would otherwise require an around the world plane ticket. Even dance festivals on coastal cities don't manage to bring together the caliber that the Vail International Dance Festival boasts.

This year, I am proud to announce that I'll be working closely with the Vail International Dance Festival in promoting their famed events. I'm very excited about this opportunity to blend my love of writing and dance once more - and stoked that I get to promote the fantastic festival that takes place for a full two weeks in my state of Colorado.

If your publication is interested in running a piece on the Vail International Dance Festival, please don't hesitate to contact me - my email address is ericaprather@gmail.com. I'm able to provide articles on the festival complete with dancer's interviews, details on each performance, as well as colored photographs to compliment each piece.

And, without further adieu (and because tickets went on sale February 11!) I present to you the line up for Vail International Dance Festival 2010!

Dates: Tuesday, July 27 - Tuesday, August 10

Tuesday, July 27 Savion Glover: One Night Only! 6:30pm

Saturday, July 31 Pacific Northwest Ballet 7:30pm

Sunday, August 1 Broadway, Ballet & Beyond with Pacific Northwest Ballet 7:30pm

Monday, August 2 Paul Taylor Dance Company 7:30pm

Tuesday, August 3 Dance for $20.10 7:30pm

Wednesday, August 4 BeijingDance 7:30 pm

Thursday, August 5 UpClose: Stars of the International Evenings of Dance 6pm

Friday, August 6 International Evenings of Dance I 7:30pm

Saturday, August 7 UpClose: The Art of Tango – Special Matinee 2pm

Saturday, August 7 International Evenings of Dance II 7:30pm

Sunday, August 8 Ballroom 2010: Tango! Romper el Piso 7:30pm

Tuesday, August 10 BreakEFX: Bud Light Hot Summer Nights of Dance 6:30pm

The Vail International Dance Festival has a fantastic site with gobs of information on the performers and a detailed schedule. Additionally, VIDF's blog has sumptuous videos of the dancers performing and rehearsing.

To purchase tickets before they sell out, go here.

To follow Vail International Dance Festival through various social media forms, follow them on Twitter (@VVFoundation), friend them on Facebook, or tempt yourself by looking through their Flickr stream.

Tickets for all events start as low as $17 for lawn seats - which is an absolute steal. Don't miss this opportunity to see world class dance in a world class setting.

Comments

Today's top buzz...

• Weird Al
    Weird Al is making sure you don't forget about his new album by releasing a video every day
    Music Buzz
  • Mike Priefer
    The Vikings suspend Mike Priefer for three games after allegations of anti-gay remarks
    Video
    Today's Buzz
  • Beer
    Outdoor festival to celebrate beer and superheroes during San Diego Comic-Con
    Comic-Con News
  • Mayhem Tour
    The Rockstar Energy Mayhem Tour rolls through Detroit with insane performances
    Camera
    19 Photos
  • Supernatural
    As fans wait for new episodes, we are sharing 'Supernatural' season 10 spoilers
    Camera
    10 Photos
  • Chris Jericho
    WWE Battleground brought fans some big shockers at the pay-per-view-event
    Fight Sports