A 10-fight amateur MMA card featuring two women's MMA fights and headlined with three title bouts wowed the Music City audience with high-quality action as entertaining as any pro show held in Nashville in recent memory.
The show's production and the acoustics of the Marathon Music Works venue created an intimate atmosphere that gave off the feeling every one of the 1,000+ fans in attendance had a vested interest in each bout.
The energy was palpable. And the fans were loud. Very loud. Production was top-notch and everything went off without a hitch, like a well-oiled machine, which is what the V3 Fights promotion appears to be at this point. After all, they've been putting on amateur MMA fights around Memphis since 2009.
It's never a bad thing when your main event winner also gets "Knockout of the Night". And that's exactly what Nashville MMA's Cromwell Stewart did when he left West Tennessee's Tripp Carter unconscious on the canvas 2:12 into round one with some vicious ground and pound to take home the V3 Fights Featherweight Title.
In the co-main event Eryk Anders defeated Paul Rainey via TKO to earn the V3 Fights Light Heavyweight Title. Rainey suffered what appeared to be a knee injury during the first round and was unable to answer the bell for round two.
Although this wasn't an actual award, "Fighter of the Night" has to go to Ronnie Lawrence. If there was one fighter that stood out as someone to keep an eye on (and there were actually several), it is Ronnie Lawrence. His speed, confidence and skill -- and a third round armbar cranked so tight it caused his opponent's corner to throw in the towel -- earned Lawrence a TKO victory over Marquese Branch to win the V3 Fights Bantamweight Title.
In Women's MMA action Molly Dupertuis and Shanna Young took home "Fight of the Night" honors for a three-round war that had everyone on their feet cheering. It was a back-and-forth bout between two strong and tough ladies, but in the end Young's wrestling paid dividends to earn her the unanimous decision win.
"Submission of the Night" went to Nashville MMA's Nathan Lindsey for his first-round win over Chance Wilson via Rear-Naked Choke.
There was one more Women's MMA bout on the card, between Lynzee Johnson and Mandy Polk. Johnson repeatedly stuck Johnson with jabs and punches that snapped Polk's head back like a PEZ dispenser. Polk was unable to answer the bell for round three, giving Johnson the TKO victory.
The full results for "V3 Fights: Stewart vs. Carter" are as follows:
Full results below:
- 170 – Samuel Lawson defeated Jeff Ranger via TKO in round #1 (1:14)
- 125 – Nathan Lindsey defeated Chance Wilson via RNC in round #1 (1:57)
- 125 – Lynzee Johnson defeated Mandy Polk via TKO (Polk didn’t come out for round #3)
- 205 – Isaac Fine defeated Malcolm Hardman via triangle choke in round #1 (1:08)
- 155 – Mark Jones defeated Charlie Alexander via guillotine choke in round #2 (2:18)
- 135 – Shanna Young defeated Molly Dupertuis via unanimous decision
- 150 – Adam Denton defeated Brandon Pemberton via split decision
- 135 TITLE – Ronnie Lawrence defeated Marquese Branch via TKO (corner threw in towel during armbar) in round #3 (1:49)
- 205 TITLE – Eryk Anders defeated Paul Rainey via TKO (Rainey didn’t come out for round #2)
- 145 TITLE – Cromwell Stewart defeated Tripp Carter via TKO in round #1 (2:12)
For more information on V3Fights, visit www.v3fights.com.