On Jan. 16, WXIA TV station in Atlanta announced that it has partnered with radio station V103 for a “Rise Up Atlanta” pep rally to support the Atlanta Falcons. The event is set for Friday, Jan. 18 from 7-8 p.m. at Falcons Landing, near the Georgia Dome. Thousands of fans are expected to swarm the pep rally to show their support for their hometown team. The Falcons are just one game away from the Super Bowl and will face the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in the NFC Championship game.
The “Rise Up Atlanta” pep rally will feature live music from bands and DJs, plus a rally flag giveaway (while supplies last). The pep rally is free, family-friendly and appropriate for Falcon fans of all ages. No tickets are required for admission.
If you can’t make it to the Georgia Dome, you can catch the pep rally action on WXIA or V103. 11 Alive will air a live broadcast from "Rise Up Atlanta" on Friday from 7-8 p.m. V103 is set to go live on the radio. Plus, fans can follow “Rise Up Atlanta” on 11 Alive’s Twitter page. One recent post said that Atlanta stores are running low on Falcons gear. WXIA will air a report tonight on which stores have their shelves stocked and where to find the best deals.
In the meantime, fans are lighting up Twitter with messages of support for the Atlanta Falcons. Below are some posts from Jan. 17.
- “Three more days until we RISE UP again ATLANTA!” – Ms. Melanie
- “Bird is the word!” – remodman85
- “My Falcons will rise up!!!” – D-Nice0829
- “It’s raining…but our city of Atlanta still shining bright! Falcons Rise Up!” – 4boysdadJackson
- “Falcons finally got here. Now let’s finish one more then off to the Superdome,” – supercold22
- “Y’all have made it an awesome year. Take them down this week!!!” – angrycamb
- “Four more days till Atlanta Falcons rise up again against the 49ers. Let the Dome rock!” – ThebossCeleb
- “So awesome seeing all the kids and teachers decked out in Falcons garb.” – MarcBardack
The NFC Championship game pits the Atlanta Falcons against the San Francisco 49ers and airs at 3 p.m. EST on Sunday, Jan. 20 on FOX. The winner will take on the victor of the AFC Championship game (New England Patriots vs. Baltimore Ravens) in the 2013 Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 3.
- Young fans called D-Squared rap their support for the Atlanta Falcons
- Tony Gonzalez from the Atlanta Falcons urges fans to rise up and be loud
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Do you have a story idea? I'd love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at email@example.com.