The UW-Madison, in conjunction with the UW-Extension Conference Center, challenges teens and tweens to Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead!
The incredible Saturday enrichment program for students in grades 5-8 is held in various locations on the UW-Madison campus. The four-week long program is focused around S.T.E.A.M, or Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.
DATES: Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm - January 22, Saturday, January 29, Saturday, February 5, Saturday, February 12, 2010.
Description from the website: "The Saturday Enrichment Program provides a student-centered environment to explore a wide range of interests and new academic areas to empower 5th-8th graders (plus high schoolers!) to ask and learn about career options, interests, and choices. Students utilize state-of-the-art campus resources and interact with UW-Madison faculty, staff and community professionals in this precollege program sponsored by the School of Education." Price: $295.
Course offerings include:
- (W01) Architecture: Design Studio
- (W02) Blast Off! Rocket Science [FULL]
- (W03) Catch the Rhythm: African Drumming
- (W04) Creative Writing
- (W05) Digital Photography
- (W06) Experiments with Pop!
- (W07) Exploring Engineering
- (W08) Fashion Forward
- (W09) Life Long Gone: Fossils and More! [CLOSED]
- (W10) Speak Up! Speak Out! Make the World a Better Place
- (W11) Step into Shakespeare
- (W12) Trek into Plant Biotech
- (W13) Wheel Pottery and More!
- (W14) Winter Limnology & Screen Printing
To receive future articles by Deborah Nies, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else.