Recently – AT&T U-verse - in agreement with NBCUniversal, announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia. The coverage begins Thursday, Feb. 6, and runs through Sunday, Feb. 23. AT&T U-Verse TV customers will have access to NBCUniversal’s more than 1,500 hours of Winter Olympic programming and be able to enjoy action from every competition, live and on-demand.
Customers can follow their favorite sport from their televisions or their smartphone or tablet when they’re away from home.
AT&T U-verse TV subscribers will get extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal airing Olympic programming, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network. And they can stay connected to the Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, America’s premier Olympic digital destinations.
The following options from NBCUniversal will let U-verse TV customers watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs, and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on U-verse Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who log in and subscribe to U-verse TV packages that include USA Network, NBC Sports Network, CNBC or MSNBC. For the first time, NBCOlympics.com will feature live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and video highlights. AT&T U-verse customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Subscribers who log in and verify their subscriptions by Feb. 6, the first day of competition at the Sochi Games, can enter the NBC Olympics Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro in 2014, courtesy of NBCUniversal. AT&T U-verse TV customers should follow the verification process to watch NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Verify Now” button
- Select AT&T U-verse
- Enter the username and password for your account. (If you don’t have one, please visit Uverse.com
- Upon verification of your subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal has two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified U-verse TV customers and has the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more. It also links to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via U-verse On Demand.
Pre-Games: Since October, viewers have been able to watch more than 100 pre-Games clips via U-verse On Demand and Uverse.com, including select highlights from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
- Interactive TV: U-verse customers will have access to the U-verse Olympic TV App, an on-screen interactive app with NBCUniversal’s real-time medal counts, athlete bios, Team USA reports, Olympic news and more. The information is available to U-verse TV customers during Olympic programming on the networks of NBCUniversal. The app is available on channels 1094 (HD) and 94.
- In-Games: Each day during the Sochi Games, NBCUniversal will offer a digital figure skating show called “Olympic Ice.” NBCUniversal also will have more than 350 HD highlight clips and 150 HD full-length event replays available within 24 hours via NBCOlympics.com, the U-verse App and U-verse On Demand.
By the way, AT&T’s data performance is still ranked 1st in a RootMetrics study of 50 airports nationwide, including at Miami International and Fort Lauderdale International, Orlando International, Tampa International and Southwest Florida International airports.
AT&T ranked 1st or tied for 1st at 36 of the 50 airports. Study results can be found on the RootMetrics website at http://rootmetrics.com/airports/.