There are countless reasons to participate in the Vista Farms fun shows! With a lot of work, we’ve managed to narrow it down to just ten. Whether you’re a show pen addict or have never before tapped into your competitive spirit, you’ll want to take a look at this compelling list;
1. As the name “fun show” would suggest, these casual and inviting shows are all about the fun!
2. If you participate in the full series (April through October) and win your classes, you qualify to win the stunning prize saddle, pictured here.
3. There’s plenty of variety! Pick a class that you know will appeal to you and your horse. There are english and western classes, walk-trot, halter and showmanship for those who prefer to accustom their horses to showing from the ground up, walk-trot-canter classes for the accomplished riders and so much more.
4. Pick a show every month! The first show in the series takes place April 5. If you’re reading this article on the day of publication (April 4) you don’t have to over-think or worry about that “Should I participate?” decision, just go. Registration is on-site the day of the show.
5. Entry fees are ultra affordable. Just $5 per class, plus a reasonable grounds fee of only $10. Heck, you can barely get a cup of gourmet coffee for less than five bucks these days.
6. No fancy attire required. You don’t have to don glitzy show apparel or shiny boots to ride in one of the Vista Farms fun shows!
7. Any tack works for any class. Want to ride in a hunt seat class with your western saddle, enter the western pleasure class in a dressage saddle or use a bitless bridle? It’s all okay; ride in any class with any tack that you and your horse are comfortable in. It's even okay to use gentle training equipment (such as a martingale).
8. All breeds are welcome. Arabian, Quarter Horses, Paint, Mini, Shetland, Drafts; it doesn’t matter which breed of horse you ride. Every horse can participate in the Vista Farms fun shows!
9. There are so many prizes! Entrants who place in the top 6 spots are awarded a ribbon. Winners receive Vista ‘bucks’ in addition to their blue ribbon, which can be spent for horse-related items in the special Vista show store.
10. Every rider, beginners to expert, toddler to senior citizen, is invited to show. Do you have little kiddos who are just starting out? Or maybe you're an elderly beginner who decided to treat themselves to a pony for retirement? Possibly you're a seasoned reiner or dressage expert who just wants to get out in the show pen without any pressure? Everyone or anyone - no matter what age or riding level - is welcome at these playful shows.
On top of the complete list of how-can-you-resist? reasons to ride at the Vista fun shows, we have to point out how incredibly well-organized Mandy Allred keeps these events. Everything runs smoothly. Everyone feels safe and encouraged. The Allreds always make sure their shows will be enjoyed!