USTA Texas is encouraging league players to enter their first Texas sanctioned tournament by reimbursing the entry fees to any adult, senior or super senior division event.
Tournaments scheduled from now until December 31, 2014, are eligible for reimbursement when the forms are received by December 15, 2014.
The rules for reimbursement are:
1. You must be/have been a USTA Texas League tennis player - and
2. You must play in your first USTA Texas sanctioned tournament - and
3. It must be in an Adult, Senior or Super Senior division (not just ages). These divisions are: levels divisions (2.5-5.0); age divisions: men (25-85); women (30-80); husband/wife; mother/daughter; and/or father/son.
4. You must play in a Texas sanctioned tournament for the 2014 calendar year.
5. You must submit the reimbursement form before the budgeted monies are depleted, but no later than December 15, 2014.
There are several adult tournaments available in the area to enter. Tournaments in the next two months are:
• September 5-7--Copperfield Cup sponsored by the Loken Group
• September 19-21—Missouri City Community Tennis Association September Open
• October 2-5—Houston Fall Festival Super Senior Major Zone
• October 3-6—Houston Fall Festival Senior Major Zone and Adult Open
• October 10-12—48th annual Lake Conroe Open
• October 17-19—Missouri City Community Tennis Association October Open
For more information contact Nancy Perkins, USTA Texas Adult and Senior Competitive Coordinator at NPerkins@texas.usta.com.