Michigan Works requires the unemployed to apply for three jobs each week. Some say that even at this rate they may only get one or two interviews a year. With this low rate of interviewing it is easy to understand how important it is to be able to ace the interview.
Tony Beshara's Acing the Interview is not just about answering the recruiter's questions with precise coherent answers. Beshara provides the extra help needed at the point in the interview where you get the question, "Do you have any questions?"
It is subtitled "How to Ask and Answer the Questions That Will Get You the Job", to indicate how this book takes readers through the entire process, from the initial interview to evaluating a job offer.
It even goes into salary negotiation, Acing the Interview is a no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners guide to interview success.
One additional point to encourage you to read this book: Dr, Phil called Bashara the best of the best.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!