In most cases you will be working as an intermediary party of the loan getter and provider, and get paid for bringing in new business. However, it does not mean that you will be hired by just any employer without proper research and scrutiny of your resume. The market for loan officer is quite competitive and you have to stand out by highlighting the most relevant and impressive information on your resume. The following tips should help you in creating a resume that has a positive effect on your employer and which shows your eligibility for the job.
Tips For Loan Officer Resume
- While your resume is going to serve as the most important tool in getting hired, it is not the lock stock and barrel of job selection for employers. It would be best to write a letter of intent with your resume to personalize your communication with your employer.
- There should be an objective on top but it should be carefully written. It should be concise and true to your feelings. Don’t write a cliched objective that sounds pompous and untrue.
- The topic of including the qualification or experience first is always debatable. However, trust your intuition in this scenario and put the field on top that you think shows your strengths in a better way. Qualification of a loan officer might not be the most impressive thing since most loan officers will have similar qualification. However, your experience can be most impressive, showing the strength of your portfolio and proving how fit you are for the job.
- When writing your experience, dedicate one line only to summarize the years of your experience if you have ample experience in the field. Secondly, focus more on your achievements on your past jobs rather than describing your job responsibilities. An expert from Check N Go, a loan provider company, writes "Your responsibilities only show what the employer expected from you. They don’t show your personality and drive for your profession". On the other hand, your achievements show your interest in your profession and provide a reason to the employer to hire you for the job.
- Now you can mention your qualification and any courses and certifications that you have received that are relevant to your job. More important thing here is to write them clearly so they can be easily read.
- The skills section is an important one for a loan officer. First, you don’t want to write skills that are not relevant to your job and play no role in how you perform as a loan officer. Your guitar playing skills won’t impress your employer no matter how good you are at playing a guitar. Your communication skills, phone skills and how you perform under pressure are the major highlights for the employer.
The best thing available to all of us today is internet. You can browse on internet to see many samples of loan officer resumes to get a clear idea of how your resume should look like. Never forget to keep your resume neat and clear in a sense that it should be readable easily and not overstuffed with text.