As simple as it sounds, dating can be quite a tricky business. It is an art individuals inculcate over a period of time. That being said, dating doesn’t have be all that daunting if you understand certain tricks of the trade. It is a proven fact that men have more trouble dating then women. Their innate sense of “machoness” may have a lot to do with this. They are of the opinion that displaying their feelings make them less macho. Owning to this, it sometimes becomes difficult for them to build a real connection with a women.
Why do people date? The most obvious reason is that they are on the lookout for a short-term or long-term relationship with a person of the opposite gender. Listed below are some useful and interesting dating tips for guys.
How To Make That First Date Perfect
How your first date goes defines more than 80 percent of how long your relationship with the other person will flourish. If you’re looking for a long-term relationship, this first date will lay the foundation. Therefore, there are a few unsaid rules all guys need to follow on their first date.
- Keep the first date light and fun. Don’t give the girl a thesis about your life but be sure to let her know all the interesting things about you so that she agrees for a second date. Also ask her about her life instead of just bragging about yours.
- Go easy on the flirty but don’t be boring. Girls love healthy flirting. So you need to strike a balance and don’t overdo it. There’s nothing more turning off for a girl than a guy who knows no end to flirting.Always compliment her on how lovely she looks.
- Know what your woman likes and plan the date in advance. Make reservations so that you don’t have to wait for a table. Insultingly causal plans is one sign women take to walk away from first date.
- Be sure to call and confirm your date in advance. Women are anxious creatures and are not sure whether you have actually asked her out on a date until you call and confirm a day before. Don’t forget to mention you’re looking forward to meeting her before hanging up.
- Pick her up on time and don’t forget to get her a gift. Flowers will also do. Be chivalrous and hold the car door open for her till she gets in. Pick up the check once you’re done with the meal and don’t let her pay for anything.
Dos and Don’t Of Dating
Dress appropriately. Girls really dig guys who make an effort to look good for them. This doesn’t mean you need to wear a suit at all times. Just make sure she realizes you have made an effort to look good for her.
Shower and smell good. Believe it or not, women dig guys who smell good! It doesn’t always be an expensive cologne. A simple deodorant will also do.
As much as you love sports, women love shopping. So unless you’re willing to discuss shopping, don’t bring up sports every time you have a conversation with her. Talk about things that interest you both. Make her feel like you’re genuinely interested in what she says.
The golden rule of dating, especially for guys is “Listen.” Don’t pretend, actually listen to what your date is saying. It makes her feel more special and will definitely earn you a spot in her good books.
Don’t cancel plans at the last minute, especially if you’re the one who’s made the plan. While you may not have given it a second thought, rest assured that your date may have been preparing for the big day for several days. Hence, if you really have to cancel, do it well in advance.
Girls love to cuddle. So be prepared to snuggle up to your girl once in a while. As mushy as it may seem, it’s comforting to them and makes them feel special. Also, remember that every time she wants to cuddle, doesn’t really mean she’s in the mood for something else.
Hold her hand while walking. Women really like that. It shows them you are protective and not afraid to tell the world that you’re with her. In fact, it shows a girl that you’re not embarrassed to show her off to the world or your friends.