One of the latest trends of 2013 is the false eyelash. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera and Katy Perry have all walked the red carpet sporting this accessory that takes their sultry gazes to the next level.
Fake lashes, however, are only temporary and won't gain the same rewards when everyone is envying you. To improve your own eyelashes and reap the rewards of fast, natural new growth, reach no further than a bottle of castor oil.
Castor oil is derived from the castor bean plant and has been used for centuries not only as a cosmetic but also in food as a preservative and holistic medicine as a laxative. Two ways that the oil works to grow thick, gorgeous lashes is through its acidic content and its low molecular mass.
- Thanks to such a high percentage of ricinoleic acid, castor oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial product. It is also made up of oleic acid, which is an emollient (moisturizer) that is used in such items as lip balm and shampoo.
- Low molecular mass means that the castor oil molecules are small enough to become absorbed by the skin.
These elements reach deep into hair follicles and remove any bacteria or extra dirt blocking the natural growth of each eyelash. This allows your eyelashes to flourish at their fullest potential.
Applying castor is fast and easy:
- Take a clean, sterilized/unused cotton swab and dab it in castor oil.
- Swipe the swab along the top of your eyelashes, as if applying eyeliner. You do not need a lot of oil. If it’s dripping, you’ve used too much.
- Repeat this practice once a day, right before bedtime.
- If any castor oil is still on your eyelids in the morning, wash it off.
Remember: always use 100% pure, cold-pressed castor oil that contains no other additives. This can be purchased from any local health or organic store as well as online at Amazon.
The key to success is consistency and patience. Results should be very noticeable after 3 – 4 weeks. After that, applications are only needed three to four times a week to maintain the growth. With red-carpet eyelashes every day, the time will be more than worth the effort.