It seems that for liberals in the media, Phil Robertson has become a modern-day Emmanuel Goldstein, the number one enemy of the people in George Orwell's classic "1984." On Saturday, "humor columnist" Bill Mann used a racial slur against Robertson in an article at USA Today, calling him a "cracker" in an article about things one would not want under the Christmas tree. Mann followed that up with a tweet attacking Sarah Palin and the Duck Dynasty cast on Sunday.
"Especially avoid one widely advertised item: the new 'Redneck Wisdom Party Game,'" he wrote. "In light of the past week's headlines featuring anti-gay comments by cracker quacker Phil Robertson, this gift of alleged 'wisdom' seems inappropriate (to some, at least). By the way, the Chia people dodged a big bullet (or shotgun blast) this month: Two of the Duck Boys are featured on new Chia pets this year — but not, luckily, "eccentric" ol' Phil. Plus, aren't these boys' beards bushy enough already?"
On Sunday, he issued a tweet claiming that Sarah Palin had a love child with a Duck Dynasty co-star.
"Murdoch's Sun sitting on story about Palin bearing love child of Duck Dynasty co-star. Reported kidname: Li'l Cleetus," he tweeted.
The blog said that if Mann's musings can be classified as humor, America is in "really deep trouble."
The post also said USA Today is "really stupid" if it thinks humor such as that put forward by Mann will help the paper's bottom line.
- Cracker Barrel apologizes, says it is selling all Duck Dynasty products
- Georgia sheriff: A&E not welcome, will get no further assistance from department
- Despite blowback, GLAAD researching, may target others sponsoring Phil Robertson
- Mike Huckabee: Facebook deliberately censoring pro-Phil Robertson event page
- Facebook smacks admin of Boycott A&E page for getting too many likes too fast
- A&E’s suspension of Phil Robertson proves liberals do not support free speech
- Camille Paglia: Duck Dynasty suspension 'utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist
- CNN's Piers Morgan: First Amendment doesn't apply to 'racist' Phil Robertson
- Boycott A&E movement grows after network suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson
- Report: Facebook bans Texas man for 'likening' a friend to a liberal
- MSNBC host wonders: Did A&E go far enough by suspending Phil Robertson?
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.