After one of the biggest weekends in NBA news in quite some time, there is even more basketball news as of the early afternoon of Monday, July 14, 2014. SB Nation put together all of the tweets put out by the USA Basketball Twitter account, and it shows a rather impressive roster, but there are a few big names notably absent.
LeBron James will not be on the roster at this time, but that's not unexpected considering his big return to the Cleveland Cavaliers from the Miami Heat. He still has a chance of being on the roster for the 2016 Olympic Games.
The two players with the most veteran leadership are Kevin Durant and Kevin Love. Both of them played in the 2012 Olympics and on the team for the 2010 World Championships.
The 19-player roster was revealed position-by-position by the USA Basketball account on Twitter, and here are the full training camp selections:
- Bradley Beal - Washington Wizards
- Stephen Curry - Golden State Warriors
- DeMar DeRozan - Toronto Raptors
- James Harden - Houston Rockets
- Kyrie Irving - Cleveland Cavaliers
- Damian Lillard - Portlan Trail Blazers
- Derrick Rose - Chicago Bulls
- Blake Griffin - Los Angeles Clippers
- Kevin Love - Minnesota Timberwolves
- Kenneth Faried - Denver Nuggets
- Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder
- Gordan Hayward - Utah Jazz
- Paul George - Indiana Pacers
- Kyle Korver - Atlanta Hawks
- Chandler Parsons - Dallas Mavericks
- Klay Thompson - Golden State Warriors
- Anthony Davis - New Orleans Pelicans
- Andre Drummond - Detroit Pistons
- DeMarcus Cousins - Sacramento Kings
This is not necessarily the roster that will continue forward as changes are always possible and do happen. Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs has already withdrawn from the roster, and there is word that John Wall (Wizards) could end up being added later on.
The camp is being held in Las Vegas and under the guidance of coach Mike Krzyzewski, and he will get the team down to a 12-man roster in the end. Their first game will be at the 2014 World Cup in Spain when they play Finland on Aug. 30, 2014.