From the feedback on a previous article, this writer became aware that there is a great lack of knowledge of what Progressivism is really about.
Here is a synopsis of the differences between the foundational premises and beliefs between the US Constitution as envisioned by the Founders and the Progressive Governance Doctrine. This should take about 8 paragraphs worth of reading.
The US Constitution's Foundation is Natural Law and the related Consent of the Governed Governance Doctrine. (In a future article this writer will provide the proofs that demonstrate America was founded upon Natural Law)
The relationship between individuals in a society and their government is called a “Social Contract”. Social Contracts most usually subscribe to a Governance Doctrine. The philosophy that forms the Foundation of the Government our Founders intended, states that to be legitimate and effective, Governments must be formed with knowledge of the Nature of Man. Governance Doctrines represent the ideal. Governments are the necessarily imperfect attempts of mankind to implement Governance Doctrines in the real physical world.
The Social Contract and Government of America is based on is “Consent of the Governed” pursuant to Natural Law. The Social Contract is embodied in our Declaration of Independence, Jeffersonian Constitution and the Bill of Rights. (Proof that our government was found upon Natural Law http://tl.gd/n_1rm6310) Progressives believe the Jeffersonian Constitution is evil and want to replace it with a Progressive Constitution.
Under the Consent of the Governed (Natural Law) Governance Doctrine:
- The premise is that Nature of Man in Natural State is that of a “social animal with tendencies to reason and tolerance but who can be selfish;
- Government must be devised with the Nature of Man in mind(John Locke). As all people have free will and are not virtuous by Nature (Cato) government must be designed to force transparency and Accountability through Checks and Balances;
- Truth is determined by the individual using their own observations and reasoning;
- The Individual has the Right of Self-Determination. That is to say, the individual chooses how to live their life, and accepts the rewards and consequences of their decisions;
- The Social Contract requires that the Government may not lie to individuals to induce their consent to be governed;
- Individuals have certain unalienable rights that no earthly being can infringe or ignore save for punishment of crime in accordance to the Rule of Law after being accorded due process;
- People have the right to Political Dissent and Revolution;
Under the Progressive Governance Doctrine:
- The premise is that the Nature of Man in the Natural State is that of being a “social animal who is altruistic”;
- Individuals can trust Government because Individuals are Altruistic by Nature;
- Truth is determined by Educated elites selected from among the wealthy, leisure class because only they have the time and resources to study governance;
- The Educated Elite determine how best the individual may be of service to the community;
- The Social Contract provides the Educated Elite may lie to the masses because the masses don’t know what’s best for them;
- All of the rights and interests of the individual are subordinate to the interests of the community as determined by the Educated Elite selected from amongst the wealthy, leisure Class;
- Individuals and the People have no right to Political dissent or revolution. If individuals dissent from the Educated Elite it is because the individual does not know what’s good for them or because they have been contaminated with evil beliefs such as individualism, creativity, competition and free markets. Such individuals must be “reeducated” by such means as tutoring, mentoring, conditioning, coercion, penalties and punishment. (Like the former USSR)
As has been stated previously, our current Social Contract is embodied in the Declaration of Independence, the Jeffersonian Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Yet, Progressivism regards the Jeffersonian Constitution as evil and seeks to replace it with a Progressive Constitution.
This writer invites and encourages Progressive President Barrack Obama and any other Progressive Educated Elites to point out to this rank and file American writer any material errors this writer has made in his summary of Progressivism’s premises and foundational beliefs. President Obama, this is how you persuade people without lying to them. This is Speaking Truth to Power. And that brings us to Obamacare and the Government Shut down.
And there you have it, the differences between the US Constitution and the Progressive Governance Doctrine.
If you want to study Natural Law or Progressivism more deeply, this writer suggests you begin here.
Natural Law - How WE THE PEOPLE got to the 4th of July 1776 http://goo.gl/xSD95D
Is Progressive just Politically Correct for Divine Right of Kings 2of3 http://goo.gl/gWZyt4
Those were my thoughts.
Thank you, my fellow citizens, for taking your valuable time to read and reflect upon what is written here.
If what is written here rings true to you, perhaps you should contact your local elected officials and let them know. If you are afraid of repercussions, snail mail it anonymously and ask them to respond in the local paper or their own monthly/quarterly internet newsletter. Even if this article refers to something outside you geographic area, it still likely applies to your location. Remember all those taxpayer training junkets we taxpayers send the bureaucrats on? They all learn the same “livestock management” techniques to use on WE THE PEOPLE.
And that leaves WE THE PEOPLE with this conundrum: While our #Government works full time with compensation and funded with our money for the cause of #Tyranny; WE THE PEOPLE are forced to work part time without compensation for the cause of #liberty with what is left over of our time, money and energy.
Finally, this article is written with the same intentions as Thomas Paine http://ushistory.org/paine. I seek no leadership role. I seek only to help the American People find their own way using their own “Common Sense” http://amzn.to/kbRuar
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Bring Home the Politicians #BHTP
Lawless America #LawlessAmerica
Term Limits #TermLimit
Justice in Minnesota #JIM
Critical Thinking Notice - This author advises you as no politician would dare. Exercise Critical Thinking (http://bit.ly/ubI6ve) in determining the truthfulness of anything you read or hear. Do not passively accept nor believe anything anyone tells you, including this author... unless and until you verify it yourself with sources you trust and could actively defend your perspective to anyone who might debate you to the contrary of your perspective