SARATOGA SRINGS -- The bounty of Upstate New York will be spotlighted at the inaugural "Taste Of Upstate Wine, Food & Music Festival."
The new event -- arguably the largest undertaking so far for the Upper Hudson Valley Wine Trail, which was created last year -- is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, April 18-19.
Tickets, priced at $20 in advance, $25 at the door, are available online.
A kickoff concert to start the festivities will take place on Friday evening at the Historic Canfield Casino in Congress Park, with live music by The North & South Dakotas, The Mallett Brothers Band and Floodwood.
On Saturday, a grand tasting will be held at the Saratoga City Center with selections from wine trail members. They include:
- Adirondack Winery, Lake George
- Amorici Vineyard, Valley Falls
- Johnston’s Winery, Galway
- Ledge Rock Hill Winery & Vineyard, Corinth
- Natural Selection Farm Vineyard, Cambridge
- Northern Star Vineyard, Valley Falls
- Oliva Vineyards, Fort Edward
- Swedish Hill Winery, Saratoga Springs
- The Fossil Stone Vineyard, Greenfield Center
- The Saratoga Winery, Saratoga Springs
- Thirsty Owl Saratoga, Saratoga Springs
- Victory View Vineyard, Schaghticoke
Beers and spirits from several local breweries distilleries also will be offered. Foods will be locally sourced. In addition, local musicians, artists and crafters will be on hand.