An updated list of errors and glitches for “Grand Theft Auto Online” has been posted by Rockstar Games following the release of the 1.02 patch for “GTA 5.” According to an update from Rockstar Support on Oct. 5, the publisher stated that they are still looking at more issues that are plaguing the game’s multiplayer mode.
One of the biggest concerns that Rockstar North is working on involves the lost of characters, progress, items and money. The development team is also working to resolve the “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” and “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” errors along with other connection issues. You can find screenshots of “Grand Theft Auto Online” in the slideshow near the top of this article in addition to the list of the latest errors and glitches below (via Rockstar Support):
- We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release. We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value.
- "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Errors about jobs failing to start or load
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
- Long matchmaking load screens, eventually timing out after 10-15 minutes
- Offline (disc-based) and online content mixing on the Jobs list
- Ending up in a free-roam session with no jobs/markers on the map while playing as a temporary character during a cloud outage
The aforementioned 1.02 patch improved the stability of connecting to “Grand Theft Auto Online.” The tutorial mission problems were also addressed in addition to several other instances that resulted in lost progress. The title update came out for the Playstation 3 version of “GTA 5” on Oct. 4 and then the Xbox 360 iteration on Oct. 5.
The release date for the next patch has not yet been announced by Rockstar Games. The “Grand Theft Auto Online” multiplayer mode can be launched using the character switching menu in “GTA 5.”