One of the biggest, and most fun, events of the year is set to take place on Jan. 27, 2013, and that is the WWE "Royal Rumble." After the events of WWE "Friday Night SmackDown" on Jan. 18, 2013, there are still only four official matches announced for the pay-per-view set to take place in just one week.
Headlining the card is of course, the WWE Championship match between CM Punk and The Rock. Punk is the longest reigning WWE champion of the past quarter century, and he is showing no signs of letting up. The Rock will have his first title match in over a decade, but he looks to be in the best shape of his life.
Making up the second biggest match would have to be the "Royal Rumble" match itself. 30 participants will enter the ring in timed intervals trying to toss everyone else over the top rope so that both of their feet touch the floor and they are eliminated. The last person standing will win a main event shot at this year's "WrestleMania."
WWE "Royal Rumble" confirmed matches:
- WWE Championship Match: CM Punk (c) vs. The Rock
- World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto del Rio (c) vs. The Big Show
- WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Team Hell No (c) vs. The Rhodes Scholars
- 2013 Royal Rumble Match
So far, only nine of the 30 entrants for the big battle royal have been officially announced.
- John Cena
- Randy Orton
- Dolph Ziggler
- 3MB - Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre
- U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett
WWE "Royal Rumble" will be held on Sunday Jan. 27, 2013, at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona.