Hey runners! Just a reminder of the upcoming races in and around Boise. If you aren't running and you want to help out, they are always in need of volunteers.
Check out the list below and click on any one to go to their site and get registered or find out information:
~May 9th...9:15 a.m. Race for the Cure 5k
~May 16th...8:00 a.m. The 31st Annual Famous Idaho Potato Marathon and Run!
~May 23rd...10:00 a.m. The High Desert Tral Run 10k
~May 23rd...10:00 a.m. Hope for America 5k
~June 6th...9:00 a.m. The 2nd Annual Ridge to Rivers Trail Awareness Run 7.75 mile loop run & 2.8 mile walk
~June 6th...11:00 a.m. The Saint Alphonsus Classic Children's Race 1 mile
~June 13th...3:00 a.m. Sawtooth Relay
~June 20th...8:00 a.m. 1st Annual see jane run Half Marathon & 5k Run
~June 26th...6:15 p.m. Main Street Mile
There you have it...get signed up, go and support your friends and family OR...go and volunteer to help someone have a great race! Happy running everyone :)
IF YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE MY WEEKLY ARTICLES, SUBSCRIBE TO MY COLUMN AND RECEIVE THEM AUTOMATICALLY IN YOUR EMAIL BOX.
You might also enjoy these:
- Runner's nutrition part 1: What are the roles of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the body?
- Runner's nutrition part 2: A complete look at vitamins and the roles vitamins play in the body
- Runner's nutrition part 3: A complete look at the major minerals and trace minerals
- You're out on your run and nature calls: Don't get caught with your pants down
- Injury prevention in running
- IT Band Syndrome: What is it and how to prevent it
- Got shin splints from running? See a slide show on what stretches and exercised to do to avoid them
- So you want to start running?
- It's national puppy day today and if you're looking for a running companion, dogs are great
- Be a coach for Girls on the Run and inspire, encourage and empower girls through running
- Bored with the same old running route? New scenery is always a great motivator
- Top running websites: All of your running needs right here in one location, look no further
- Listening to music is a great running motivator
- Keeping a runners log is smart training
- Runner's jargon: Fartlek, lactate threshold, LSD; what do all these runner's terms mean?
- Running in the ice got you slipping and sliding? Learn how to stud your running shoes
- Running isn't just about losing weight
- Choose to be a friendly runner not a snobby runner
- Running for chocolates and wine are the motivation of one Idaho runner: Mary Bolen
- Runners train the grueling course for Boise's top race
- Runners race the recession blues away in The Race to Robie Creek 2009
- Runner's training tip #1: The stages of change
- Runner's training tip #2: The importance of setting a goal and how to accomplish it
- Runner's training tip #3: How to structure your training
- Runner's training tip #4: Running yourself ragged? Rest should be at the top of your list
- Runner's training tip #5: In order to be a fast runner you have to train faster
- Runner's training tip #6: How is your running form? What to look for in good running form
- Runner's training tip #7: Two great ways to prevent blisters