Christmas is a time of sharing and giving but sometimes the true meaning is lost in the overwhelming commercialism that permeates our society from morning, noon and night in television, internet and phone. The time to share the miracle birth of Jesus Christ that is celebrated around the world in one way or another is lost in the greedy little fingers of children and adults as they strive for the newest version of Xbox, iPad, iPods and much more.
How would you like to share something that will really mean something to an individual’s life? Would you like to purchase a goat? A group of chickens? Seed for a planter in the darkest parts of the world? Or just provide funds to help veterans heal after their experiences serving our country?
Yes, you can!
Samaritan’s Purse offers individuals who would like to share with people in most need by offering a “catalog” of donations that need support. Here is a list of a few areas where you can either pay the bulk or share in the cost:
- You can help bring a military couple to Samaritan Lodge Alaska for a life-changing retreat
- When an earthquake or storm strikes a poor or rural area, thousands can be left without access to one of life's most basic necessities—clean water.
- When catastrophic flooding hit Mozambique, Samaritan's Purse partnered with local churches to assemble customized "survival kits" of hygiene supplies, clean blankets, and other essentials.
- Samaritan's Purse partners with local Christians around the world to provide thousands of orphaned, abandoned, and destitute children with a visible reminder of the Lord's promise.
- Poverty-sticken children never learn to read and write because they cannot afford to attend school.
- And there are many, many more ways to help.
Click here to see how Samaritan’s Purse is helping people all over the world from the Sudan to Mexico to Burma and consider sharing a gift this Christmas with someone who would really appreciate it. Click here to see videos of Samaritan's Purse and their work across the world.
Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available at no cost. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above. Thank you!