Kiplinger Personal Finance ranks the Fayetteville campus of the University of Arkansas 65th in the nation in terms of value and quality education. That's good news for a school that's been dependent on its football reputation for decades.
Kiplinger bases its academic quality findings on admission rate, percentage of students who return as sophomores, the student-faculty ratio and the university's four-year- graduation rate. Financial criteria used by Kiplinger includes, "low costs, abundant financial aid and low average debt at graduation." (University of Arkansas).
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville boasts similar honors from Forbes in 2012. The finance magazine ranked the institution 44th on its annual "Top 100 Best Buy Colleges". In comparison to other colleges in the Southeastern Conference, UAF fares better than most in terms of quality education and cost.
The top ten Best Public College Values in 2013 according to Kiplinger are:
1. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2. University of Virginia, Charlotte
3. University of Florida
4. College of William and Mary
5. University of Maryland at College Park
6. University of California, Los Angeles
7. New College of Florida
8. University of California at Berkeley
9. SUNY Geneseo
10. University of California, San Diego