Today Acting-Auditions.org is reporting that with the announcement of Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin being in negotiations for a lead role in "Jurassic World", casting is now officially in high gear. LA Acting Auditions Examiner Alan Baltes is spreading the news. Ebb Tide Films and Amblin Entertainment are in pre-production on the fourth installment of the Universal Pictures extremely popular and successful science fiction adventure Jurassic Park film series. Current casting is taking place in Los Angeles, however there will be additional casting in the filming locations of Baton Rouge, LA and also in Hawaii. Interior shots will be filmed in sound stages at Raleigh Studios in Baton Rouge, while exterior filming will take place on the island of Kauai in Hawaii.
Starring in "Jurassic World" is Golden Globe Award nominee Bryce Dallas Howard, who most recently starred in the Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures film "The Help", and the Lionsgate feature film "50/50". Howard is also set to write and direct the Imagine Entertainment feature film "The Originals" to be produced by her father Ron Howard. Also starring in "Jurassic World" is teen actor Ty Simpkins, who recently starred opposite Robert Downey, Jr. in the feature film "Iron Man 3". Golden Globe Award nominee Idris Elba and "Melissa & Joey" star Nick Robinson round out the first actors cast.
Independent Spirit Awards nominee Colin Trevorrow will direct "Jurassic World" from an original screenplay that he co-wrote with fellow Independent Spirit Awards nominee Derek Connolly. Early script drafts were written by the husband and wife writing team of Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver. Producers are Legendary Pictures Chairman Thomas Tull, five-time Academy Award nominee Frank Marshall, and BAFTA Awards nominee Patrick Crowley. Three-time Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg will executive produce for his production company Amblin Entertainmen. Spielberg directed "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World: Jurassic Park", and served as executive producer on "Jurassic Park III". Universal Pictures will handle domestic distribution, while Universal Pictures International will distribute overseas. "Jurassic World" is scheduled to hit theaters on June 12, 2015.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
All talent including minors and foreign actors must and be legally eligible to work in the state of Louisiana and in the United States.
The 2013 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Louisiana and the United States:
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors Informational Booklet
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
In addition to the following Actors Resources:
• New Orleans Casting Directors List
• Baton Rouge Casting Directors List
• Shreveport Casting Directors List
• Louisiana Actors Unions and Resources
• General Talent Agent Information
• Louisiana Talent Agents List
• Louisiana Acting Classes and Schools List
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Headshot Photographers List
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Actors Resources
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permit Information
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
To keep up-to-date on my articles, click the subscribe button on the link above. For additional entertainment industry news, visit LA Acting Auditions Examiner, follow me on Twitter, or "like" my Official Facebook Page!